𝐥𝐢𝐯. babysitting adventures

"I'd like you to meet my friend."

"Tom Riddle."

A tall man with high cheek bones, pale skin, raven hair, and oddly blood red eyes turned around to face Lyla.

Lyla simply blinked as she said,

"Wow dad, I wasn't aware you ever had good looking friends, let alone a friend."

Aleksander rolled his eyes, while the other man let out a small chuckle.

"Aleksander, if you wouldn't mind I would like to speak with Lyra alone."

"Course." Her father said with a brief nod before he exited the office.

"Muffliato." Tom muttered.

Lyla frowned and shot him a questioning look.

"As much as I respect your father, this conversation is meant to be between us and us only."

"Right." Lyla said hesitantly.

The room was filled with an awkward and eerie silence before Tom broke it.

"So Lyra, tell me about yourself."

"What'd you want my trauma or my favorite color?"

Tom chuckled.

"Preferably neither, I just wanted to know a little bit more about you."

Lyla scoffed.

"From what I've heard is that my father already told you everything you might need to know."

"But father's sometimes only tell people half the truth. Fathers are odd like that." Tom said with a small frown.

"True. So what exactly did my father tell you about me?"

"That although you could be considered a blood traitor for being sorted into Gryffindor and associating yourself with mudbloods and other blood traitors, you are still a Vance at heart."

Lyla snorted.

"Of course that's what he told you." She said with a slight scoff.

"Well... I could believe it." Tom said with a shrug.

Lyla hummed.

"You sound like him." She said.

Tom smirked and said,

"Great minds think alike."

"But..." He said with a long pause.

"Lyra you may be a Gryffindor but that doesn't mean that you don't carry some traits from your family."

"You may wear a red and gold tie but that doesn't mean you can't be as manipulative as your father. As cunning as your father. As charming and witty."