𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. our last summer

"Where is it exactly that we're going?" Lily asked as the entire gang continued walking towards... wherever the hell it was that James, Lyla, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were taking them.

"That is a surprise my dear Evans." Sirius responded with a grin as he wrapped an arm around her.

Lily frowned as she said,

"Sirius you already know I hate surprises."

"Well, you're gonna love this one."

"Doubt it." She mumbled as Sirius simply ignored her.

"James my feet hurt." Marlene whined.

"Okay? And what the fuck does that have to do with me?"

Marlene rolled her eyes and then turned to Peter.

"Peter, my feet hurt."

He simply sighed as crouched down slightly and allowed Marlene to jump on his back.

Lyla chuckled as she wrapped her arm around Mary and Alice, walking in between them.

They continued walking until James and Remus stopped, breaking out into matching grins as they looked at each other.

"Ahh, we're here."

"Where exactly is here?" Mary mumbled as she looked at him.

"Well we need to go down to the beach first idiot."

"Call me an idiot again Potter see what happens."

James hummed and waved his hand and grabbed Mary's dragging her down to the beach.

Lyla broke out into a grin as she jumped on Remus' back as he began walking forward.

"It's great to be back." Sirius said with a smile.

All of the girls frowned and looked at each other, but soon they each got dragged by one Marauder down to beach, and holy shit.

The sand was soft and water was a gorgeous shade of blue.

The big rocky cliffs in the background made everything look even more surreal.

"Where are we?"

"This ladies is Cornwall." Sirius said with a grin as he extended his arms, showing it off.

Lyla jumped off of Remus' back, although their hand were still intertwined as all of the Marauders stood in a line next to each other, smiling so brightly if it were the sun everyone would have been blinded by now.

"We've been coming here every summer since first year, it's kind of—"

"Tradition." Peter finished off Remus' sentence.

"It's always the same day."

"The second to last day of summer break."

James and Sirius began explaining.

"We always do the same things, and we go out with a blast. We kind of call it a—"

"Marauders' summer." All of the guys concluded with Lyla.

"And we normally don't bring any outsiders." Sirius said and Lily and Mary rolled their eyes at his word choice.

"But we've come to the conclusion that you never really were outsiders. You've kinda always been in our lives whether you like it or not." James said with a chuckle.

"Soo, that's it?" Marlene asked and Alice smacked her arm.

"Well I think it's oddly sweet." She said with a smile.