𝐱𝐢. james' epic fail

It was a known fact to every student and professor at Hogwarts, that James Potter was completely and utterly infatuated with Lily Evans.

It was also known that Lily Evans absolutely hated his guts.

It started way back in first year.

The two actually met after their sorting and got along decently.

But then James Potter fell, literally and emotionally.

James was accidentally shoved down a flight of stairs by none other than his best friend, Sirius Black.

He then landed at the feet of Lily Evans, and she helped him up and asked him if he was alright.

James would always remember the softness and kindness in her voice.

So that was when James Potter fell, and he fell hard.

☽☽☽

It was now currently James' fifth year at Hogwarts, and he has yet to make any progress with Lily.

He felt like he's tried everything.

In first year he didn't know any better, so he asked her out constantly.

That clearly didn't work, seeing as he got books thrown in his face five times a day.

In his second year, he stopped asking her out entirely, making Lily think he was only joking in first year.

And finally in third and fourth year, he went back to asking her out and flirting with her.

He didn't ask her out as often as in first year, since he realized he was basically harassing the poor girl.

But that tactic also did not work.

So here James Potter was in a predicament.

He sighed and ran a hand through his messy hair.

He didn't know what to do.

All he wanted was Lily Evans to finally return his affections.

James understood though, that she didn't, and he would never force her into it.

He wanted her to actually like him, not just go out with him so that he would stop pestering her.

So that was when James Potter finally made up his mind on how we was going to get Lily to actually like him, or at least tolerate him.

He had a game plan for this year.

And he thought of the perfect idea on how to show her that he actually liked her, and it wasn't just some joke.

But his plan required a little, assistance.

☽☽☽

"You want us to help you do what?" Remus asked, confusion written all over his face.

"C'mon Moony." James pleaded.

"Y'know this might piss her off, right?" Lyla said.

"I think it's a great idea." Sirius said with a grin.

"Thanks Pads, at least some people in this room support me." James said while glaring at Lyla and Remus.

"Yeah, if it works you'll finally get the girl of your dreams, and we won't have to hear you talk about her anymore."