𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐱. the potter's cottage

Weeks had went by now since Lyla had left the manor, and she was doing sufficiently better.

Over the course of the weeks, Euphemia and Fleamont had suggested that everyone should go to the small little cottage just outside of Cornwall to spend their last summer together.

And that's where they currently were at.

James, Lyla, Sirius, Peter, and Remus were all currently lounging around in the small little cottage, debating what they should do for the day.

"Ugh. It doesn't taste right!" Peter shouted as he threw the blueberry muffin against the wall.

"What the fuck is Peter doing?" Sirius asked groggily as he walked into the kitchen.

"Baking." James answered as he slowly took bite out of one of the muffins.

"Well, more like stress baking." Lyla hummed.

Peter sighed as he began mixing a new set of batter once again.

Sirius took a seat on the table next to Lyla and soon the three of them began watching Peter intensely pour and mix ingredients into a bowl.

After a few minutes of silence and fussing Remus walked back into the cottage and asked,

"What's Peter doing?"

"Baking." All three of them answered.

"Still?" He asked sitting down next to James.

"Yup." All three of them said once again.

"Muffin?" Lyla asked as she handed Remus a double chocolate muffin, her gaze still focused on Peter.

"Thanks love."

By now all four of them each had a different muffin in their hand and they were simply watching Peter intensely mix, mix, and mix.

"Pete, do you maybe wanna stop?" Lyla asked.

He shot her a glare and said,

"No."

"Are you sure?" James asked.

"Yes."

"Okay, just saying that if you keep up at this rate the entire cottage is gonna look like the bloody muffin man's house." Remus muttered.

"Like it doesn't already." Sirius added sarcastically.

Peter rolled his eyes and ignored all of them, and he continued to bake.

After awhile Sirius got annoyed and yelled,

"Peter!"

He huffed and set the bowl down.

"What?!"

"Oh good, we got your attention."

"If you won't stop baking, then can you at least tell us why you're stressed?" Sirius asked.

"I'm not stressed." Peter responded with a frown.

"Alright then what are you?" Lyla asked with a hum.

Peter looked around at each of their faces and he sighed defeatedly.

He wiped his hands on the apron and sat down in the empty chair, grabbing a banana nut muffin.

"We're supposed to get our Hogwarts letters soon." He answered dully.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." James answered.

Peter hummed as he looked down and then continued.

"And our N.E.W.T results from last year are supposed to come along with it."