𝐱. quidditch tryouts

A few days had passed since the full moon and neither Lyla nor Remus had talked about what happened the night he was in the hospital wing.

Luckily for them they didn't have to, seeing as every time they were alone James would drag her away to talk about the upcoming quidditch tryouts.

When James told them that Mcgonagall made him the new captain, Lyla joked and said,

"Really?! Wow I'm shocked."

But in all honesty she wasn't.

Lyla would never tell James this, but she actually thought he was a great quidditch player, and she knew that his dedication to the sport would make him a great captain.

But she still needed to keep him humble, so those words never left her mouth.

It had been a day since the last time James had dragged Lyla from a conversation to talk about quidditch.

And well the day that James had been talking about for nonstop was finally here.

It was the day of the Gryffindor Quidditch Tryouts.

Lyla walked up the stairs to her dorm and as she walked through the door she caught Marlene pacing.

"Marls what's wrong?" Lyla asked while walking over to her bed.

"Do you have food?" Marlene asked, still pacing.

"Umm, I think Mary has a stash of bread." Lyla said.

Marlene then headed towards Mary's bed and started digging through her trunk.

"Marlene what the hell are you doing?" Lyla asked in shock.

"Aha!" Marlene exclaimed.

She held up the bag and immediately shoved a roll in her mouth.

"Shit." Lyla muttered.

"Marls, what are stressing about?" Lyla said while walking over to her and sitting down next to Marlene on the bed.

"I'm not stressing. What makes you think I'm stressing." Marlene said while still chewing rapidly.

"I'm gonna take a guess and say because you're stress eating."

Marlene looked at the bread and sighed.

She set it beside her, swallowed and began saying,

"I know this may come as a shock, but I'm worried I won't make the team."

Lyla raised her eyebrows and she couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"It's not funny." Marlene said with a deadpan expression.

"I- I know, I know." Lyla said still laughing slightly.

"It's just that Marlene, do you really think James won't let you on the team."

"I mean, I'm not saying he'll let you on just because you're kinda his friend, but also because you're a great chaser."

"I know I am. I'm just freaking out still." Marlene said while running a hand through her messy blonde hair.

"Marls, you'll do great, and you will make the team." Lyla said while giving Marlene a reassuring smile.

"And if you don't, I won't join."

"What?!" Marlene asked in shock.

"Yup, I can't do this without my partner. We're a package deal." Lyla said with wink.

Marlene gave her a hug and then went back to her usual confident and goofy self.

She then got up from the bed and started to laugh.