𝐱𝐯. pranks, letters, and the moon

Lyla was sitting down eating breakfast while smiling contently.

She knew that any minute now the Slytherins would come running into the Great Hall being a victim to one of the Marauders' pranks.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Mary asked her.

Lyla hummed and said,

"Oh nothing." in a dreamy and airy voice.

"It doesn't sound like nothing." Lily said with a smile.

Marlene stared at Lyla for a few moments longer before gasping.

"Did you get some last night?!"

Lily choked on her drink and Alice went wide eyed.

Mary just cackled as she looked at Lyla.

"Marlene McKinnon!" Lily scolded.

"What?" She asked defensively.

Lyla shook her head.

"No Marls, I didn't get some last night."

"Oh."

"Then why do you look so happy?" Alice asked her.

Lyla opened her mouth to respond, but before she could the Slytherins came walking in with scowls on their pink faces.

Everyone in the Great Hall burst into laughter at the sight.

Lyla then looked over at James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter.

They all shared knowing looks and Lyla winked at them before turning back.

Mcgonagall and Slughorn had came over to the Slytherins to try and get the pink off of their skin, but nothing had worked.

Everyone was still laughing at their pink figures, and everyone in the room knew who was responsible for the prank.

Mcgonagall walked over to the Gryffindor Table and as soon as Lyla noticed she looked over at the guys.

They had a silent conversation with their eyes and once they were finished Lyla turned to Lily, Marlene, Mary, and Alice.

"Sorry, gotta run." She flashed them a quick wink before getting up from her seat and walking towards Remus.

The five of them started to speed walk out of the Great Hall as Mcgonagall followed them at a fast pace.

The Marauders then broke out into laughs and took off running.

The ran and weaved in between students. ( Accidentally knocking some over. )

And the last thing students in the Great Hall heard from them was their laughter as they ran out into the corridors of Hogwarts.

☽☽☽

They rounded the corner still laughing slightly and Sirius leaned against the wall.

"Did you see Snivelous' face?"

"I wished I snapped a picture." James said while grinning.

Lyla snorted while she leaned her back against the stone wall.

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

She felt happy and content. All her worries seemed to fade away when she was with them.

Unfortunately Lyla's happy mood was immediately taken away from her when she saw her family owl.

It dropped the letter in her hand and she turned it over to find the Vance family crest on the wax seal.