𝐱𝐱𝐱. confrontation

Lyla was biting into a bacon with a coffee in her other hand when Peter found her.

He slid into the seat next to her and grabbed a waffle and shoved it into his mouth.

To Lyla, everything looked normal seeing as that's how he normally ate at breakfast.

But the truth was, Peter was freaking out internally, and he was stress eating.

He didn't know why everyone thought he would be perfect for the job, he thought he was the least calm and collected out of all them.

"Peter." Lyla said with concern laced in her voice.

Peter looked up from the spot on the table he was staring at and said,

"Yeah?"

He cringed at his squeaky voice.

Way to be slick Peter, he thought.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

Peter took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves down.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just worried, about O.W.L.S y'know."

Lyla sent him a sympathetic look and she grabbed his hand.

"It'll be ok Pete. I'll help you study, and I'm sure so will Remus, James, and Sirius."

"Yeah, yeah. You're right."

"I could even ask Lily to help if you want. She's made some pretty good flash cards." Lyla said with a laugh.

Peter's face lit up, as he found a way to get Lyla into the common room.

"Yeah, I-I think that's a great idea." He said, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Ok, well I'll be sure to ask her."

"Yeah, wait- I could ask her."

"I mean that works to."

"Yeah, maybe I should go try to find her right now." Peter said eagerly.

"Y'know, cause the sooner I study, the better it'll be for the O.W.L.S." He said, trying to cover up his slip.

"Yeah, ok we could go now if you want."

"Wait- you're gonna come with me?"

Lyla rolled her eyes playfully.

"No, obviously not." She said sarcastically.

"Yes! Of course I'm going to come with you." Lyla said with a laugh.

"Okay, then, umm-let's go." Peter said as he hopped out of his seat.

He stuck out his hand for Lyla and she grabbed it walking in front of him.

When she was fully turned around he punched the air and mouthed,

"Yes!" Silently.

He then quickly composed himself and walked behind her, but Peter still had a massive grin on his face.

☽☽☽

When Peter and Lyla walked into the common room, she frowned at the sight.

In front of her was, Remus, Sirius, James, Regulus, Lily, Marlene, Mary, and Alice.

She sighed in realization.

"Fuck." Lyla muttered.

She turned around and looked at Peter, who was blocking the portrait door.

"Really Pete?" She said in annoyance.