𝐱𝐢𝐢. arguments and first game

A few days had passed since the incident between James and Lily.

And during those days Lyla had been trying her hardest to convince Lily that James actually had the right intentions, and that it wasn't just some joke.

"Lily! He was trying to apologize!"

"Really?! Well it didn't seem like it when he released a dove!"

"He's just dramatic!" Lyla yelled at her.

"Also do you really think I would help if it was just some joke!"

And with that sentence Lily's face fell, because she knew Lyla was right.

If this was some joke, Lyla would never be in on it.

But Lily pushed it to the side, because in all honesty she was scared.

She was scared to let herself fall for James.

Because he had never seen the real her, he saw what Lily wanted everyone else to think of her.

So she was scared that if she said yes to James, and once he saw the real her that he would leave.

So that was why Lily pretended to hate James Potter, because hating him is easier than her getting hurt.

Once Lily snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Lyla, she saw the Lyla was leaving the dorm.

"Lyla, please you don't have to leave." Lily said as tears started to fill her eyes.

"Lils, I'm sorry, but right now I need to be there for James and-"

"It's ok, I get it." Lily said, even though she didn't want her best friend to leave, she knew that she had to.

So with that Lyla left, and as soon as she did Lily burst into tears.

She knew the truth, Lily wasn't an idiot.

She knew that Lyla really left because she was secretly mad at Lily for what she did to James.

And although Lily hated whenever they were arguing, she knew it was for the best to let Lyla leave.

Alice then came over and hugged Lily.

"She won't stay mad forever."

"Yeah, she just needs time." Marlene said.

"She'll come back to us, I know she will." Mary said while stroking Lily's hair softly.

And Lily sighed. She knew that they were right, even if in the moment it didn't feel like it.

☽☽☽

Lyla sighed as she stared at her toast.

It had been a week since she last spoken to Lily, and to say that she missed her best friend was an understatement.

She especially wished that they weren't arguing since today was the first quidditch game of the season, and whenever Lyla was internally freaking out, Lily would always calm her down.

But Remus must have noticed something was wrong because he grabbed her hand under the table and gave it a light squeeze.

Lyla looked up and smiled gratefully at him. He then returned her smile before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Okay, enough of this." James said, breaking the silence.

"Lyla just talk to her."

"I don't kn-" Lyla tried to say but James cut her off.