𝐱𝐢𝐯. the day after

It was the morning after the party and to say that the common room was trashed, was an understatement.

There were bottles (some empty) laying around, food and plates on the floor, spilled liquid, and even people's clothes laying around the common room floor and furniture.

So you could imagine Professor Mcgonagall's horror when she saw the state of it, and right in the center of the mess were the Marauders laying on floor, asleep, and clearly hungover.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF GODRIC IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" She shouted.

Peter shot up at the voice, while Lyla groaned.

Remus then sat up at covered his eyes, and he nudged James who had his head laying in Lyla's lap.

James then slowly sat up and looked around for his glasses, meanwhile Sirius barely started stirring in his sleep.

"Minnie, to loud." He said as he buried his head further in Remus' lap.

Mcgonagall clearly was having a difficult time suppressing an eye roll as she once again repeated,

"What in the name of Godric is the meaning of this?" Although this time, she said it in a calmer tone, almost too calm.

"Uhhh." James said.

"Well, we umm." Peter said while looking at Remus for help.

"We had a small gathering." Remus said nonchalantly.

Mcgonagall raised an eyebrow.

"Small?"

"Yeah."

Mcgonagall sighed and then turned to Lyla and asked her,

"Miss Vance, do you remember what happened at this small gathering that caused the common room to end up in this state?"

Lyla thought about it and pursed her lips together before saying,

"Actually, no."

"Yeah, I lost my memories after midnight." Sirius mumbled.

Mcgonagall sighed.

"Well can one of you tell me what happened?"

The five of them thought about her question, each having different memories of last night.

Peter was dancing at the dj booth, accidentally changing the songs midway through.

James was dancing crazily as many girls of different ages surrounded him, meanwhile Lily was looking at him with flushed cheeks and she scoffed at his dance moves.

Sirius was sitting on the couch, smoking a cigarette as girls climbed on top of him. Although he payed no attention to the girls and instead was focused on Aaron Thomas' ass he danced with a girl while making eye contact with Sirius.

Remus was downing a bottle of firewhisky as he talked to Frank Longbottom, and Remus would occasionally glance over and find Lyla in the crowd.

Once Frank left to go talk to Alice, Remus also made out with some guy from Ravenclaw who snuck into the party.

And Lyla was drinking from a flask while dancing with Mary.

Lyla also briefly took a break from dancing and she saw Remus making out with a guy in the corner.

She raised her eyebrows and thought,

"Ok I guess Moody's getting some."

Lyla then bumped into Melody Chang and she started conversing with her.