Chapter 3: Toppers phone

'I need-', the veins in Rafes neck make an appearance 'I need your phone'

Topper squints at him like it was some kind of joke. His mouth opens but he shuts it quickly. Wasting no time, he slips his hand into his back pocket and passes Rafe the phone.

'I... uh wheres the app?', Rafe stresses, resting his hand over his forehead.

'Wha-'

Topper stares him down and suddenly he remembers. He stalks beside him in a hurry and snatches the phone. Cradling it for privacy he looks up Sarahs location. Please work. Please work. Pleas-

Then the red pin shows up. Sarah kept his phone. She kept it. Toppers so relieved that he almost forgets Rafes still standing there. When he looks back at him, hes holding the gun. Has it aimed right at him.

'Gimmie the phone' He extends his free hand 'Hand. It. Over'

Topper hesitates but gives it to him. Rafe smiles as his eyes flick to the screen. He then pockets the phone and turns on his heel.

'I'm coming to find her'

Rafe pauses and turns, pointing a shaky finger in Toppers direction 'Oh' he chuckles lowly 'trust me thats the last place you want to be right now' Rafe strides outside. He tosses his head over his shoulder.

'You follow me, you die'

And with that Rafe tucks his gun into the back of his jeans and runs off.