Chapter 10: JJ you're pretty shit at making rafts

'Comeon man just get some rest, walking around in circles isn't going to bring them back', Pope says with his head in his hands.

JJ paces around the same spot he has for the past few hours. The sun's coming up but he's trying his best to keep faith. 'We can't just do nothing... we can't', he shakes his head repeating the line over and over under his breath.

'We've done all that we could', Pope says defeatedly

JJ eyes the expansive "SOS" marked into the sand, shaking his head. It's useless. 'We have to do something-', his expression changes and he stalks off into the trees.

'JJ?'

After a while, Pope begins to regret having not gone after him. He could be hurt... or dead.

'I'll go check on him', Pope tells Cleo and John B who nod in response.

But as Pope approaches the tree linings, JJs has his arms wrapped around a bundle of tall thin trees.

'Excuse me', he says holding his head high with an attitude 'coming through'

Pope just sidesteps then follows after him. JJ carries the load to shore, dropping the bundle onto the sand. 

'What are you doing?'

'Whats it look like?', JJ looks up from his knelt position to momentarily face Pope. Then he just rolls his eyes cause its obvious Pope has no idea. 'I'm making a raft'

Popes lips form an "O". He scatches his head awkwardly and squints at the stack of sticks tied together. Without a doubt, it'll fall apart the instant it touches water.

'Uh..', Pope debates whether or not to break the news.

'Aaa guys?', Cleo stands up and stares out at sea. John B leaps to his feet 'HEY!!!', he yells before swinging his arms about like a squawking bird. But when Pope sees what the fuss is about he begins going wild doing the same. All four pogues scream to the top of their lungs praying that the boat won't miss them.

Then a miracle happens, the boat turns in and sounds the horn in acknowledgment. JJ punches the air with a victorious fist. The pogues all hug each other and cheer.

But as Pope pulls away and gets a better view of the figures on the boat, his smile disappears.

'Oh, hell no'

•STOCKHOLM SYNDROME• [obx3]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें