Chapter 28: Kids are dumb but rafe is dumber

^^ picture Rafe doing that stunt when I say "**"
I'll also put instructions below in bold.

- - -

'Seriously? She's your cousin Rafe', Kie whines. 'Can't you change it?'

'Fuck no, that's what you're here for'

Kie groans, trying to reason with him is pathetic. Shes been stuck with taking care of the baby for hours now which hadn't bothered her until now. Now that Natalie needs her diaper changed.

Rafe stalks from the room, not giving her a chance to rebuke.

'Douche'

Kie gently lowers the baby onto a soft towel laid out on the ground. She's never changed a diaper in her life so several moments pass where she just eyes the packet, reviewing the image instructions. After awhile she manages to change the diaper. She holds it away from herself, gagging at the smell. Rafes gonna pay for this.

Kie tidys up and heads into the kitchen, Nat resting peacefully in her arms.

'Did you change her?'

'Yeah', Kie replies in annoyance.

'Good girl'

Kie shoots him the fakest smile. Liam comes running into the room with his swimming trunks.

'Can I go now?', he whines 'I want to go swimmingggggggg Rafeeeeeee'

'Okay, okay just give me a minute', he takes the cap from his head and pulls it over Liam.

Rafe raises an arm floatie to his lips, filling it his his breath. He's hot. Kie stops herself, mentally puking over her intrusive thought. She tries to hide the heat in her cheeks by looking the other way.

'Here', Rafe says, handing Kie a bottle of spray sunscreen 'spray him when he gets outside'

'Umm... in case you haven't noticed Rafe, I'm a little busy here'

'Do I look like I care', he mutters so that Liam doesn't hear.

Kie shifts Nat in her arms and snatches the bottle. 'Jerk' she spins on her heel 'come on Liam'

Liam grins from ear to ear and follows her.

Rafe watches her with something short of a smirk. If only Kie had a free hand, she would've flipped him off.

Once she arrives outside, she settles Natalie down on a lounge chair and motions Liam over. She sprays him from head to toe, then turns and does the same to his back.

'There all set, go have fun'

Not that Liam needed to be told, he's already racing towards the pool. But he loses courage as he grows closer and only ends up pin-dropping into water.

Natalie's fast asleep in her soft bundle. Kie searches for something to keep entertained. She ends up picking out a magazine left out on the side table.

She flips through it boredly until something catches her eyes. It's a commercial for a baby doll. Kie eyes the pool then the page. A smile begins to form on her lips as an idea forms in her head. She knows the perfect way to get revenge.

- - -

'Okay ready Liam?'

He nods his head and laughs excitedly. Kie gives him the signal.

'Rafeeeeee', Liam calls out, instigating the plan. He sits down behind a tree and Kie places Nat in his lap. She quickly sets herself up by the pool, Wheezies doll in hand. It looks pretty realistic, it will definitely do the trick.

'Yeah?', Rafe calls. He's standing by the glass doors which is a pretty far distance from the pool. 'Liam?', he looks around in search for him but his eyes stop at Kie instead. Feeling his gaze on her, she drops the baby doll into the pool.

'What the fuck Kie!!!!', he instantly breaks out in a sprint.

'What? This is how my mum taught me to swim'

[ I like the way you move (radio edit)- Bodyrockers] (1:11)

**Instead of opting for the stairs, Rafe hoists himself over the railing. It's a big fall. He seems to drift down in slow motion. The wind weaves through he's hair. He hits the ground in an impressive crouch, his head directed at the dirt.

(1:24) 

His head snaps up and he sprints towards the pool. He's so ridiculously fast it's alluring. Rafe pounces over the edge of the pool. He submerges underwater. But its only for a brief moment. He's quick to breaks the surface, pulling the baby doll from the water.

(Song fades)

He inspects the baby, his horrified expression shifts into relief, then to a burning rage. He throws the plastic doll out of the pool and swims to the margin. 

'What the fuck Kie!!', He growls raising himself up, out of the pool. The water ripples off his body. His shirt clings to his chest. Kie has to admit, he looks sexy. 

'That's what you get for putting me on diaper duty', Kie smiles, proud of her sass. 

'Fuck you!'

'Hey no swearing in front of the kids'

'Where-'

But as if on que, Liam pokes his head out from his hiding spot. He breaks out in uncontrollable laughter. 

'Great, I'm glad someones finding this amusing', Rafe says sarcastically. 'I thought we were best buds, I'm taking my cap back'

He storms over to Liam and steals his hat. Rafe aggressively tucks his hat on backward. But before he leaves, he takes Natalie into his arms. 

It's a mission success if you ask me. 

———

Please for the love of God don't go throwing babies into pools. <3

I know it was a bit tedious with the instructions during it and I'm sorry aaa

I won't be interrupting the story like that again but just this once cause I had a very specific vision ya know...

I hope y'all enjoyed it. Thanks so much for all the support.

I've got big plans for this and I'm hella excited!