Chapter 47: Final show

Yes this is the last chapter :(

'I'm not getting on that', JJ tells Cleo.

'Pussy?'

'What? No-'

'Then don't waste my time', She nudges her head behind her to the passenger seats.

JJ hesitates. It's not a car. Not even remotely close. He eyes the helicopter. Its heavy duty, probably from an army. It's the kind that would be able to lift up monstrous amounts of weight. But that doesn't worry him. It's the fact that a girl he barely knows is about to drive it. For all he knows Cleo could have no experience whatsoever.

JJs circling gaze comes to a stop under her piecing glare. Cleo looks at him like shes about to drag him if he doesn't get in by himself. So JJ mutters a curse under his breath and hoists himself inside. He slams the slide door shut behind him and takes a seat.

Cleo launches the engine and lifts them up into the air. He almost falls off his seat, cursing her for no warnings. He's quick to pull on his seatbelt. It makes an 'Y' across his chest, securing him tightly.

Out of the window he watches the grass ripple with their flight. The ground beneath them becomes further and further away until JJ becomes pretty sure that if he jumps out he'll die. And then they go higher, halfway to the moon-lit clouds above.

After a short trip they jerk to a stop. JJs flinged backwards. They've arrived, hovering building high over the house.

Cleo chucks her head over her seat 'You're up'

She pulls a gear, putting the helicopter on autopilot then she climbs into the back. JJs just quick enough to undo his seatbelt when Cleo comes over and attaches some rope to the clip on his harness.

'Okay all set, go for it man', she pats him on the shoulder and nudges him towards the opening on the floor.

JJ walks over to the opening, he stands on the edge, the chilly wind blows upwards and sends a shivers along his spine. The wind brushes through his hair like some sort of embrace. JJ takes a deep breath trying to conceal the shutters in it. I've jumped off a shit ton of roofs before so how bad can this be?

He steps closer, the toes his leather shoe go over the edge. But just as hes about to jump the rope falls apart entirely. JJ eyes the loose rope in horror.

'My bad', Cleo says as if its not a big deal at all.

JJ cautiously steps away from the edge and places himself at a safe distance of it. Cleo gathers up the rope again and steps towards him.

'You don't seriously expect me to go down there now, do you?' JJ squints his brows at her 'why can't you do this?'

'I'm a pilot, not James Bond'

'Yeah? Well neither am I. Also I've got my preferences for dying and free falling eighty feet to my death is not one of them'

Cleo steps up to him and pats the rope to his chest, passing it to him 'What a shame, beggars can't be choosers'

JJ shoots her an annoyed sidelong glance but takes in his hand. He does up the rope on his harness clip and tugs at it a few times, testing out its security. It doesn't come undone but JJ hesitates. Will all those jacuzzies, personal jets, yachts, other kook shit even be worth it? Maybe not, who knows.

But Kie is still down there and for her its worth it.

With her on his mind he finds himself strangely calm. He steps to the edge with a new confidence.

'You better buy me a nice round of shots after this'

'However many you like'

JJ takes one last breath. He looks Cleo in the eyes, salutes sincerely and falls backwards.