Chapter 21: Bobby pin

'Rose', Rafe whisper yells. 'Rose!'

She jolts up, almost cutting her finger instead of the strawberries. 'Rafe! I thought I told you not to sneak up of me like that'

'Sssshh', he says in a hushed voice 'Look, I need your help'

Rose stops cutting the strawberries and looks up at him with an annoyed expression. But it's quick to change to suspicion. 'Why are you standing behind the wall like that-', she spots Kie, her lips begin to part.

Rafe presses his hand against her mouth. He tilts his head and looks at Rose through the edge of his eye. He mutters something that Kie can't quite hear before releasing her. For a moment Rose looks scared, but she's quick to hide it.

'Give me your hand', she sounds fed up. Her fingers roam to the side of her hair and she takes out her bobby pin. She pops it open in her mouth, then snatches Rafes cuffed hand, dragging hers with it.

So this is it. I won't be cuffed to him anymore. Now's my chance. Kies never been the one for impulsive ideas, If anything that's JJs area of expertise. But at this moment an idea forms in her head. Maybe it's not the brightest but it'll have to do.

While neither of them are looking, Kie takes a cup of water from the kitchen counter and hides it behind her back.

'You're not- you're not going to tell Dad about this are you?'

Rose twidles the bobby pin, It clicks and falls apart. Kie turns on her heel and sprints. The halls are like a narrow maze, her heart races. But luckily for her, she remembers where she is. Kie cleverly took note of it earlier. She doesn't dare steal a look over her shoulder, she can hear his breath, feeling it in her bones that he isn't far behind. He's running so fast she can feel him bumping into the walls as they change direction.

Kie reaches the bathroom, he's only a few seconds behind. She wastes no time getting onto her knees before the toilet bowl. With her best acting skills, she gags sickly, at the same time spilling the water into the bowl. Kie hides the empty cup and presses the flush. She's just in time. Rafe pulls up in the doorway. Kie plays it off and wipes her mouth with an ill expression.

'Whats happening? ... What's going on? Are you sick? Or ...'

'R-Rafe...', Kie says slowly, keeping up her act. 'D-did you... did you use protection last night?', Kie asks nervously.

Rafe's caught off guard by this. His brows piece together but for once there's something oddly serious about his expression. 'I... I can't remember', He rubs the back of his neck and smiles with uncertainty for a moment at the bathroom floor. 'you're kidding right?'

Shit. He's not falling for it. Maybe crying will get him to believe me, but shit I can't just cry on cue. Damn it, I knew I should've signed up for that drama class at school. Think of something sad, think of something sad. Deforestation. Baby birds losing their mothers. JJ... I thought he was dead. He could've not woken up. What if he didn't wake up? What if he died? I don't want to lose him. I love him.

'Jesus Kie', he sways back and forth in hesitation but decides on crouching down beside her. 'Can you- can you stop... don't cry'

But Kie can't. She keeps thinking about what would happen if JJ didn't wake up. If he died there right in her arms. Would his Dad come to the funeral? Would we all take turns standing beside his coffin, sharing our favorite stories of him. Would we-

Rafe gently places his hand on her shoulder, Kie flinches at first but then gives in and falls into his embrace. For a moment she forgets who he is and about everything. That is until he eventually pulls back and opens his mouth.

'We still don't know for sure Kie, okay? I'll go to the pharmacist and pick up a... test okay?'

Kie nods, wiping away her tears but keeping a sad look planted on her face. This is it. This is my chance. 'I'll come with you'

------

I know I'm defying the laws of pregnancy or whatever cause morning sickness doesn't happen in the blink of an eye, but we're just gonna roll with this one. SPOILER: Kies NOT pregnant. I'd never pull that one on you guys. This is just apart of her plan to escape.

I hope you guys are enjoying it lol. Plz vote and let me know what you think :) <3

•STOCKHOLM SYNDROME• [obx3]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara