Chapter 12: Hasta la vista, Poguelandia

'What?', JJ says but he turns around and sees exactly what Pope meant. Cause right there on the boat is Topper and the lady who tried to steal his inheritance.

'Its okay man, they're our way off the island'

John B looks uncomfortable, no doubt feeling the same way towards Topper. He watches as Topper hops over off the boat, frantically searching for something, or rather someone.

'Where's Sarah?'

'You're too late, boy', Cleo says 'she's long gone'

Topper curses and rubs her hand over his head 'that motherfucker...'

'You knew?', John B moves forward challenging him.

'Relax dude', Topper gives him a dirty look and challenges him right back by stepping forward into his space. 'You think I would've let him take her?'

'But how did he know? How did he know where we were? How did you... are you helping him? Are you helping Rafe!?'

John B grips the collar of his shirt. 'How did you know she was here!?'

'I-', but Topper bites his lip realising how bad it would sound.

John B punches Topper so hard that he loses his balance and falls back into the sand. Topper touches his torn lip, blood lines the tip of his finger. He tosses his head and smiles daringly. Then he tackles John B to the ground.

They roll around in the sand. John B manages to dodge a few hits and strikes Topper down a couple times. Finally, he gasps hold of Toppers collar once again, shoving the back of his head against the sand. 'How Topper!?'

'Okay, okay', he says in defeat. He breaths heavily. 'I got her this phone awhile ago and... there's an app that tells me where she is', Topper cringes at his own words. He can't deny it, he sounds like a creep. But he just wanted her to be safe.

JJ stares at him in shock 'Wait.. you did what?'

'Oh, that is so messed up', Pope flicks the fingers pressed against his forehead and paces around in disbelief.

'YOU STALKED MY GIRLFRIEND?' John B punches Topper. He goes for his second blow but Topper blocks it and strikes at John B ribs.

He groans, falling back and holding his chest. Topper takes the opportunity to savagely mount him in rage and throw another shattering blow to his chest. Topper shakes his hand as if his just warming up.

'Enough'

Topper immediately stops, obeying Carla like a trained dog.

'That's right listen to your Mummy', JJ mocks.

Topper glares at him, but his expression changes and he reaches into his pocket. He presses his phone against his cheek. 'Sarah? Sarah! Where are yo-'

John B snatches his phone at first he thinks it's some kind of sick joke, but then he hears her voice and almost cry's in relief.

'Topper?'

'Sarah!'

'John B!', she cries 'wait, how?'

'It's a long story...Where are you? Are you okay?'

'Yeah I'm fine I'm in North Burwood, I'll send you my location but Rafe has Kie. He has Kie..', she trails off and John B can hear her crying on the other side.

'We'll get her back Sarah don't worry. Hang in there, okay? We're coming', John B hangs up the phone and chuckes it at Topper.

'Everyone get on the boat, we leave now'

'Wait', JJ calls, he jogs up to John B to keep pace. 'You said "we'll get her back Sarah" what does that mean man. You're not telling me...'

'Rafe has Kie'

JJ looks like he's just been stabbed. He turns his head and looks out into the distance, nodding defeatedly. 'Lets get off this stupid island'