Chapter 30: Kook shit

^^ DON'T play it until I say --> "Song"

A special thanks to my bae scorpioe888 for this gorgeous song rec <3

- - -

'Kie?'

'Huh? Oh right... I'll have the vegan penne pasta please', she smiles at the waiter who nods and scribbles down on their notepad.

Kie looks around, getting caught in her daydreams once again. This restaurant is the most beautiful thing she's ever seen. Their table is positioned outside but underneath a luxurious shade sail. The suns rays pass through and pours down on them in an ethereal kind of way.

They're surrounded by other tables with low intimate chatter. There's a wooden stage, not far from them. A group of musicians  playing a calming tune. All kinds of plants wrap around the scene like a warm caress. The atmosphere is simply art in itself and everything screams nature. Kie has never felt more at home.

'You happy now?', he spits. It's probably because he had to drive them over an hour to get here. To get to the only restaurant with vegan options.

Kie can't help but smile.

'If I knew you were vegan I would've taken your other friend instead'

Kie exaggerates a smile. Right, I'm a hostage. Is it weird that I kind of forgot? ...

'Don't worry, I don't mind your company... Sometimes', he says lowly, drawing the glass of liquor to his lips and taking a sip.

'So Rafe, when are you going to...', Kie trails off. She can't exactly say what she means with Liam sitting right beside them.

Nevertheless, Rafe catches on. He frowns. But only for a moment. 'What's the big rush? Huh Kie? You wanna run back to your boys so bad is that it?'

Is he... no he can't be.

'So what if I do. Why do you care?'

Rafe screws up his eyes and jerks his head back slightly. 'I don't'

Kie shrugs 'Whatever'

Rafe reaches into his pocket and pulls out some bills. He hands them to Liam. 'Hey buddy why don't you go see if you can win us something from that claw machine over there'

Liam takes the bait and excitedly runs off.

'We're supposed to be supervising him dumbass'

Rafe gazes at his finger entrapped in Nats tight fist. Then his eyes slowly rise to meet hers.

'I've got to say you took a lot more than I expected'

It takes Kie a moment to realise what he's talking about. The coke. Shit. Rafe tosses his head to the side.

'You're such a pain in the ass. You know that?'

Kies expression remains uninterested. 'Come on Rafe I didn't take that much-'

'Bullshit Kie!', He slams his fist on the table. There's a burning rage in his eyes but he stops himself. It's probably cause a few people nearby are giving them a look.

'Now I've gotta get more because of you', he says, returning his voice to a low growl.

'So I'll tell you what', he leans forward, resting his hands on the table. 'Since this is all your fault; you're going to stay home and take care of the kids, while I go out and get more okay?'

'Well that's sexist'

'What? How', he says screwing up his face.

'I mean it's the twenty-first century. It's really demeaning as a woman to be told to stay home and take care of kids. But I guess I'm not a big strong man like you. You know what... it's fine. I'll stay home. I'll cook and clean and-'

'Okay, okay. Whatever you can come', Rafe brushes his hand through the air in defeat then rests it at his temple. 'But on one condition. You don't leave my sight okay?'

Kie shrugs with her eyes but nods.

'Look! Look!', Liam says as he runs back, a plush dinosaur in his arms. Rafe praises him with a smile and a pat on the back.

Kie turns her attention towards the platform where a lady says a few words into the microphone before her small band begins playing a new song.

Its just in time as their food arrives. The song is the most gorgeous thing she's ever heard. It's like fine wine and soothing warm honey. It matches the atmosphere perfectly.

Kie picks at her pasta with her fork. She takes some into her mouth and chews slowly. Golden sunlight pours over him. There's no word in this world to describe how good he looks. Or how he makes her feel. His eyes rise to meet hers. The light hits his eyes, bringing out the blue in them.

'Pasta put you in the mood huh?'

'What?'

'You're drooling'

Heat rises in her cheeks, she looks away. Kie discreetly wipes her lip with a napkin. She finds herself stealing another look at him. But this time he's already looking at her.

"This wasn't supposed to be a love song...

but I guess it is now"