Chapter 16: Rafes mannequin

Rafe rummages through Sarahs untouched drawers. He tosses through clothes, leaving them in a pile out on the bed. Gees where's the other half of these shirts?

Kie jerks his arm, stopping him. 'This isn't a fashion show', She says rolling her eyes. 'Look, I'll just wear this', she holds up a pair of shorts and a plain white halter top.

Rafe squints at it then his eyes rise to meet hers. Theres something in the way he looks at her, she can't quite put her finger on it. But it makes all the things his done seem as though they were mistakes. In this moment as she sees him, she wonders to herself if he ever did have any bad intentions. Maybe this whole time hes just been misunderstood.

Kie shakes her head from her cringy thoughts. Maybe my food was drugged after all.

When she looks up, Rafe has a black bra dangling from his finger. He looks at her with a suggestive smirk. Kie snatches the bra and hides it with the clothes bundled in her arms. Shes takes a look at the undergarments drawer he has opened.

'I'm not wearing that'

'Well itssss eithhher thisss orrrr underrrweeaarr shes alreadddyy worrrnnn'

Kie eyes the lacy underwear, its hardly that. 'You want me to wear a G-string?'

Rafe clumsily leans close to her ear. 'No. I waaant you to wear nothinnnggg'

Kiara laughs with a straight face.

Rafe shrugs as if he's trying to hide his disappointment. 'Fineee, yoooou couuulddd wearrrr theseeee with theem', he holds up a garter and socks. Not just any socks but the thigh-high mesh ones. Kie gives him a look that says in your dreams.

'I'm not wearing those, or that', She scrunches her face in disgust.

'I woooouldn't miiiinnnd you knowww'

Of course you wouldn't. But Kie decides its best to ignore him. Hesitantly, she adds the underwear to her pile, its better than nothing.

'Soooo... hows this gonna work'

Rafe eyes her up and down.

'Get your head out of the gutter Rafe. I meant that I need to take a shower-'

'I couuuld joinnn youu'

'Uh no'

'Fuckkk' Rafe presses his fingers against his temples. 'Kieee don'ttt dooo thiissss'

'Do what Rafe? Huh? Do what? First you tried to kill my friends then you tried to kill me. And you know what? You almost did so congratulations! I'm sure your Dad would've been so proud of you!!!-'

Kie chokes, Rafes hands are pressed up against her throat. Her hands reach for her airway to try and fight his away, but it's no use.
'R-rafe'

He releases her and steps away as if he's afraid of himself. 'I-I'm sorry... Kieeeee? Kieeeeeee? I'm sorry. I... I didn't meaaan tooo. Don't crrryy. Pleassse. I'm s-sorry'

Kie wipes her tears away quickly, she feels stupid. What did she expect from him.

Rafe drags her over to the bedside table, clenching the lamp tightly in a fist.

'Rafe...', Kie says horrifically 'what are you doing?'

Rafe puts his chained hand down on the table and motions for her to do the same. Kie resists.

'I'm nottt goinnng to hurrrrt youuu'

Kiara doubts it but cautiously lines her hand with his. Rafe begins slamming the nightlamp against the chain. Blow after blow, but they're still cuffed to eachother. The only proof is the growing dint on the table.

'That's enough', Kie says in defeat. But Rafe keeps on going. He hits it more harder in anger with each time. Sweat is quick to form on his forehead.

'Enough!'

'Fuck!!!', Rafe throws the night lamp across the room. Is he crying? Or is that just sweat?

'I'm sorry', he repeats, over and over like some kind of broken record.