Chapter 8: The future is predictable

It was silence for a few minutes, and then Ceil spoke up again, "What are you reading?" 

I felt bad for ignoring him, so I finally decided to respond, "It's a fairy tale book." 

He laughed, "I also like to read those kinds of stories!" he said as he jumped on the armchair i was sitting on. It was big enough for both of us to fit, but I still asked,

"What are you doing?"

"I also want to read with you, I have nothing else to do." He said with a smile. I gave up and just let him read with me.

But that got me thinking, he doesn't really remind me of Ceil, the game character. Ceil was a flirt, someone who fooled around a lot and didn't really have long lasting relationships. That got me wondering about the other capture targets. I would like to stay as far away as possible, as to not be caught up in the heroines story of love.

I thought it would be pretty easy, but with the appearance of Ceil, I guess not. I had completely forgotten Alice was childhood friends with Ceil, and she later fell in love with him, and since they got along and she was from an influential family, they got engaged, of course, with Ceil's personality, he didn't want to be tied down to a relationship, so he ignored her and continued to be a flirt.

I guess in the game, Alice was supposed to hang out with Ceil today, oh well, I'm sure this wouldn't change anything, since she'll still meet him while he's here.

The rest of the capture targets would be easier to avoid. 

There's the cliché smart ass, Myles Windstone, he was annoying, spitting book quotes every few seconds, and I swear my sister read some old ass classic because he said a romantic line from it, ugh. 

 And then we've got Curtis Hellwig, the stereotypical headstrong knight character, that constantly bickers with Myles. This guy was just annoying, he was just so loud. And the fact that he got jealous every time the heroine spoke to another man, like chill dude. My sister seemed to like him though, which is another reason to dislike him.

And then we got William Asher, he's the mysterious one, you don't find out his family name until  the 5th time you meet him. He's the typical dark and brooding character, honestly, all of his dialogue reminds me of those 'nice guys'. My sister was a big fan of him, she said something about the thrill of being in danger when you're around him. I wanna puke.

And that's about it for the capture targets. The game events don't start until the heroine enrolls into the academy, and as I said before, Allen isn't really an important character, so he doesn't appear in any of those story lines. Well, whether or not I get involved with the capture targets (Other than Ceil) depends on what route the heroine is going to take. 

If you're really wondering why I don't want to be involved in the main plot of the story, is because a lot of shit goes down, it's  kind of terrifying, so I don't want to be anywhere near it, but at the same time, I don't want Alice involved in it as well. She's a good girl, and I'm sure I can guide her to the right path, but I'm scared, that once the heroine arrives, she will fall to jealousy and end up ruining her future. It seems my older brother instincts from my past life are not going to let that happen. 

When I came back to, I realized we had been sitting there reading for a few hours now, I glanced at Ceil, who was still engaged in the book, and seemed to have taken it out of my hands. "Do you like it?" I asked.

Surprised I said anything, he turned to me, and smiled. "Yeah! I don't get to read these kinds of books often." He said with a large grin. My chest tightened, how could this angel turn into THAT Ceil from the game?!

I showed him some other books and we read them together. I wouldn't say this was great time spent, but he was having fun, so I went along with it. Then, my room door opened, and Alice came in, seeing the prince, she lightened up.

"Daddy said we had a new friend over, can I also hang out?" She asked as she happily trotted over to us.

Ceil seemed delighted that he got the hang out with another new friend, so he nodded furiously. 

We moved our set up to the carpet, and started to talk about different books. It reminded me of when my mom asked me to babysit my nieces and nephews while she was out with my aunt, so we would stay up late, and talked about a bunch of stuff they were interested in, it was really fun, honestly. And so was this.

But, sun started setting, and Ceil had to leave, but not without pleading to his father about visiting again, it seems we're going to see more of him soon....well, I wouldn't really mind that....