Chapter 44: Something is brewing

William POV

If I were to be honest, I though Violet would be dead by the end of the first week. But, she somehow managed to hold out for more than a month. I had been collecting the bits and pieces of information Violet provided me. 

She was really good at picking up at this kind of information. She often told be about small interactions where the Demon King had said something completely unrelated to the war, yet she managed to extract something from it, scary.

I was waiting for the perfect moment to leave the Demon Kings castle. It helped that me and him had an ambiguous relationship. And now that I'm pretending to try and corrupt his new assistant, I think he's become more cold to me. 

Time could not move any slower, but at the same time, it felt as though it was ticking too fast. Days felt like they lasted weeks, but the realization that the battle has already started makes me think this could all be over in days. 

I left the Demon Kings territory, and with teleportation, made it quit quickly to the designated meeting spot.

Ceil and Allen were already there, waiting by a large tree. From over here I could see that they were playfully giggling at each other with wide grins. It made me want to puke. Could they not flaunt their love like this in front of people. thanks.

I walked closer until they finally noticed me. 

"William." Allen called out. "So, is there anything new?"

"Well, from what we've gathered, he's making a move. He's been mobilizing his soldiers in larger quantities and more frequently. We're pretty sure he has some kind of insurance plan, he seems really confident in this war. We need to start moving. We don't have time." I said it all in one breath.

"I guessed as much." Ceil said. "Well, we have no choice. I hoped we would have more time to train our soldiers, but I know i a large army struck our Kingdom, we would not survive. We have to strike first."

When I came back to the Demon Lords castle, he had been waiting for me at the door. 

"Where have you been?" He asked, coldly. I know this man did not trust me, not one bit. He's a very cautions man, but he's a carful one. He won't fully believe something without the right amount of proof. And right now, all I needed to do was keep up my act.

"None of your business." I replied with the same tone.

"You really surprised me, saying you wanted to join me." He said, smiling.

"What can I say, I'm a fan."

"I don't know what you're planning, but once I find out, you're dead." The demons voice was cold, and showed no sign of joking. I knew he was serious. Great.

After The Demon King left, I went back to Violets room. Just like any other time, I came through the window. "I told Allan and Ceil about everything we've collected so far." I said.

"So? What did they say?" She asked anxiously. 

"They said they will make a move as soon as possible. It's not good to prolong this for this long. I can tell this bastard has something up his sleeve, and I doubt we're going to have an easy time. We must be prepared for the worst."

I said those words a week ago. But when I first though of 'preparing for the worst'. It was nothing like this. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers marched toward the demons territory. Full of hope, they marched confidently, until arriving at the palace, where their fate had suddenly changed, and realized they were marching straight into deaths arms.