Chapter 16: I promise it's not like that

A/N You saw right, 2 updates today!!! I felt the latest update was a bit lacking, and so decided to unleash my ideas in another chapter, have fun!

It was after classes, me, Ceil and Alice are sitting in me and Ceil's dorm room. I decided to tell Alice about my secret, I didn't want to keep another close person to me in the dark about this, since it's only the start of the story, and a lot of things are going to happen, that might not be good for us.

"You knew this?" Alice turned to Ceil, who was sitting at the end of the table.

"I only found out today, he wanted to tell you as well."

She sighed. "Ok, i'm glad you told me. Can you please elaborate on what bad events are going to happen?" You know, when I first met her, she seemed like a little sister for me, but now that she's grown up, I feel like the little brother in the relationship.

"Ok, so, the first 'bad' event is the expedition, which has already happened. The next big event I can think of is Ceil's birthday party, where a demon infiltrated the party, trying to search for the person who could use light magic. There, the heroine and others discover that there is a demon organisation, their leader, what the followers of the organisation call him, is called 'The demon king'." I explained.

A lot of people think demons are like beasts, well, some of them are, but, a lot of them are really smart and intellectual beings, on the same level as humans, that makes them more of a threat, because demons are more physical stronger than humans.

"This starts a whole series of events that eventually lead to a war between this kingdom and the demon organisation." I continued.

Both of them seemed really surprised, scared and also intrigued. I glanced at Ceil, who had a serious expression on his face, thinking of the things that this world will have to go through.

"The reason the demon infiltration is a really bad event, is because he manages to kill a few people, especially, at least in the game, the beat friend of the heroine. And a few other nobles attending there. The demons of the organisation are not afraid to harm us." I explained further.

Ceil looked to be in deep thought and then said,"It's best not to tell anyone else this information, we keep it to ourselves. We know that Violet also knows what's going to happen, but I don't think she wants to change the timeline that much."

I thought so too. Normally, if you would have reincarnated as the heroine of your favourite otome game, you wouldn't want to change much, because you would have a chance with some handsome men, and you would fear that something would change that.

Like in the expedition event, the heroine gets attacked by the demons, her magic unstable, she can't fight back, the capture target then defends her, and carries her back when she passes out, and It's a very romantic scene, my sister was yelling about it for hours.

You know, that kind of reminds me of what happened with me and Ceil.... WAIT, no no, it's different because Ceil is my good friend, of course he didn't want me to get injured, it's not romantic at all! My face started to heat up thinking about it.

Ceil saw my face going red and seemed concerned, so he came over and placed a hand over my head, leaning closer, that made my face even more red, which caused him to look at me concerned.

"Are you still unwell from passing out? Go to rest please." He said in a gentle voice. I couldn't take it anymore so I nodded and sprinted to the bathroom where i fell down the door and clutched my still hot face in my hands, what's wrong with me? I thought