Chapter 33: Hatred runs through generations

Curtis POV

School was starting again, but Ceil hasn't been seen, well, I guess that makes sense, I knew how much he admired his father. I also haven't seen Allen, so that must mean he's with Ceil, thats good to know.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard a voice behind me say. It was Myles. It seems like he found me again. I've been trying to avoid him for a while after remembering our family situations, but Myles always seems to find me. 

"Just Ceil and Allen, I hope those two are alright." I said, getting up from the bench I was sitting on. 

"They'll be fine, now, get back to class." He said sternly. 

"Ugh. I don't want to~" I say, sighing. Myles once again drags me back to class, somehow resisting my attempts to escape. 

"You need to get your grades up. I can't stand looking at your report card. Just because you are from a military family doesn't mean you can abandon studying."

"Spoken like a Windstone." I stick out my tongue. 

"Idiot." He flicks my forehead. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Son, are you coming to the party tomorrow?" My father asks at breakfast.

"Party? Oh, Baron Jefferys?" I ask. My parents often went to these parties. Baron Jeffery was a friend of my dads, so I was often dragged along.

"Yes. Although I heard the Windstones are going to be there, I just wanted you to know." My father mentioned. Great. My dad actually thinks I hate the Windstones as much as he does. I sometimes did join in on the complaints about the Windstones, but i never took it too far, or ever insulted Myles, that's something I couldn't ever do, even as a lie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should have stayed home. I can see the looks me and Myles' family are giving each other, and the little snide remarks when they pass each other, it's like an argument waiting to happen.

I tried to somehow telepathically communicate with Myles with eye contact, but I was almost caught my father, who thought Myles was judging me. 

Not to mention the party is boring. There isn't any of my acquaintances since Baron Jefferys son goes to a different school. I wish our families would stop this stupid feud for once.

It was rearing the end of the day, when me and Myles made eye contact as he was leaving the ball room. I could tell what he meant. The only time we get to talk is if we secretly sneak off somewhere. So, after a short while I also leave the ball room.

I walk around the hallways for a while, when I get a tap on my shoulder. "Idiot. Are you that bad at finding me?"

"How am I supposed to know where you went?!" I scoff. 

"I wanted to get away because my father was about to blow up because of the tension between him and your father." He chuckled.

"I could tell, I fear for the worst. Let's hope our families don't ruin this party, I mean, it wouldn't be the first time." I laughed

We spend a while talking, and during that time, it seems we forgot where we were, and how late it was getting, until we heard my fathers voice say "What the heck is going on here?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gavin Hellwig POV 

 I couldn't believe what I was seeing, my own son talking to a.. a Windstone?! I could tell that other brats father is shocked as well. I walk as fast as I could, pulling my son away by the collar. "Wait- father!" He yells. 

"You better have an explanation to why you are talking with Windstone scum? How long has this been going on? Don't you know who that is?!" I screamed. That Windstone brat must be deceiving him, that's the only way my son would do this.

"And you!" I heard Aster Windstone say. "Mind explaining to me as well?" 

I dragged Curtis away, despite his protests. It was silent on the road, but as soon as the door closed I couldn't contain it anymore.

"You got involved with a Windstone brat?!" I asked.

My son wasn't facing me anymore, I heard him say under his breath, "Why can't I just be friends with Myles?" 

"Myles?! So now we're calling him by his first name? Does this mean you've been lying to me? This whole time?" I yelled.

Curtis turned to me, his eyes watery and puffy, "Can you stop with this stupid hatred with each other?! You don't even know how it started! You just continue to hate each other for no reason!" 

Before I could get a word in, he was already running out the door.