Chapter 23: I can't read you

A/N I believe in side couple supremacy so here's the festival arc for Myles x Curtis

Curtis POV

I was walking along the empty halls of the school. Most people had classes right now, including me, but I was not gonna waste my time on some kind of mathematics lesson. I'm not gonna learn anything anyway.

I was suddenly pulled up by my collar. "Hey!" I yelled, whaling my feet.

"You are skipping class again, aren't you?" That was the voice of Myles. That goody-two-shoes doesn't let me skip any classes, and no matter how hard I try to run away, he always seems to drag me to class.

In typical Myles fashion, he drags me by my collar. "Cmon, you bastard! Let me go!" I try to move as much as possible, but his grip is strong.

"Quiet. You are disturbing the people who are learning." Is the only thing he says. God. I can never tell what he's thinking. It annoys me.

He drags me into the classroom, and sits me down next to him. "Ah, finally, you've arrived." Say's the professor. I swear him and Myles are in cahoots.

At least math is the last lesson of the day. I soon snooze off due to the nature of the the class. It's also a kind of revenge to Myles. Although he drags me here against my will, I still won't pay attention.

As usual, I get woken up by Myles. Class is already over. "Let's go." He say's not even looking in my direction. I stretch my arms and get up.

We usually go to Myles home, to spar. But I wanted to try that new bakery in town, so we're making a detour.

We were walking along the streets, when I finally noticed the posters scattered all around the town. I picked one off the ground.

Get ready for the Lunar festival! Plays, parties, games and snacks and more!

"Ah! Myles look at this!" I tapped him on the shoulder, showing him the poster and smiling.

He took the poster and looked at it. "Do you want to go?" He asked, turning his head.

"Yes!" I said. There are barely any festivals here. The Lunar festival is one of the only festivals this kingdom has to offer! And, it's celebrated across the whole kingdom.

The games are always awesome, and because I'm so great, I win a lot of stuff. During the festival, I go all over the kingdom, to all the different towns and cities, they all have something new in every place.

"Ok." Myles said, folding the poster and putting it in his pocket. To be honest, Myles didn't have to ask. He has always come with me when I go to these festivals.

We finally made it to the new bakery. I wanted to check this one out the most, since they advertised that every single pastry was fresh, and that was my favourite.

I walked in, Myles staying near the door, waiting for me to order, so I started looking looking at the pastries on display. All of them looked pretty delicious, but there was this long cinnamon bread, which looked pretty good, so I pointed at it and said to the cashier across the counter from me,

"The cinnamon bread please." I heard another voice say the same thing next to me. I turned around next to me, it was Violet.

This girl.....well.... She had been following me and Ceil for a while, asking to join our expedition group. It wasn't a big deal, I knew she wasn't really that close with anyone. Myles said that I needed to be more careful.

Then, she started following me around as well. It really only seemed that she wanted to be friends with me, so I didn't know why Myles was so mean to her, asking her to go away and stop 'stalking' me. I didn't mind her that much, since I always want to make more friends.

"Oh, you also wanted to see the new bakery?" She asked.

"Yes, It seems we have similar traits." I smiled. She didn't seem so bad.

I saw out of the corner of my eye, I saw Myles moving closer to us. Violet saw it too, and looked at him nervously. "Are you going to the Lunar festival in a few days?" She asked, constantly making glancing at Myles, who was standing a little bit behind me.

"Here is your cinnamon bread." The lady at the counter handed me my bread, I smiled and gave her the money.

"Yes, I am. I'll see you there then?" I said

"Yes! See you then." She smiled.

Myles and I left the bakery and I immediately turned around to face him, "Hey! Why did you scare her like that! She wasn't doing anything bad!" I said angrily.

"I didn't scare her, I was just looking to see if she would do anything." He answered cooly.

"What was she going to do?" I asked

"I don't know. I don't trust her. She has stalked you and bothered you. When you told her to stop, she didn't. That isn't a sign of a good person." Although Myles made a good point, I was still mad. People are not always what they appear to be, I learned that when I met Myles.....

Anyway, I walked away angrily, "I'm going home. Alone. Don't follow me."

Myles didn't say anything. When I turned my head a little, he was gone. He actually left. I felt a little sad. Normally, when I get angry and leave, Myles always follows me anyway. Well, I guess it's my own fault for telling him not to follow me.

A/N Fun fact: That long cinnamon bread is actually real and it can only be found in my schools cafeteria, I miss it. Fuck u covid 😡