Chapter 25: Nice is different than good

A/N HEYY you might have noticed I put titles in the chapters, hope you guys don't mind them, I tried.....

Violet POV

I feel stupid, and I probably am. I watched the two as they giggled and smiled at each other. It was way obvious that they liked each other. 

I walked away from that little street. The sun was setting, and it would soon be dark. I should probably return to the dorm, but I would rather not go anywhere near the school right now.

I really liked this game, the characters, the story, it's setting, so when my life went to shit and I was now here, I guess I just simply deloused myself with the thought that everything will go my way now. 

I guess I should drop the 'Violet' act. I never got used to the name. It was only recently that I came here anyway. 'Violet' and me are very different people, but it seems even me trying to act like her didn't get my anywhere in this game. 

I realized I had walked very far away, and didn't know where I am. Great. My life is just fucking great. 

"Hello? Are you lost?" Says a voice behind me.

"No. I'm fine thank you." God it felt good not to have to be 'Violet' anymore.

"Are you sure?" It asked again.

"Did you not hear me?" I turn around to look for the source of the voice. It's a shadow in the corner of a house.

"Sorry, sorry, I just wanted to help." The owner of the voice came out of the shadow. It was a man I recognized immediately. Although not in his formal attire and dressing more casually, like a regular person. This person is.... Caspen. The demon king.

There was a DLC for this otome game, that featured another love interest, the Demon king. I wanted to buy it, but because of......personal issues, I lost interest. 

"What are you doing in a human city?" I said without thinking. I quickly covered my mouth.

"You...know who I am?" He asked, raising his brow

I couldn't back out now.... "Yes." I said, straightening my back.

"Huh, how interesting. I've heard of you too, light magic user." He smiled at me.

Although I didn't buy the DLC, I did watch the trailers. In the trailer, it seemed the story revolved around the heroine and Caspen becoming friends. It seemed Caspen approached the heroine first because of her light magic.

"So that's why you've come here" I asked curiously.

"Yes. I was wondering if you could..... help me with something. You see I feel like the humans don't know much about us.... so I feel like it would be time to make ourselves known. Don't worry, we're coming in peace." He said smiling.

"What do you want my help for?"

"I want you to gather some...... information for me. Nothing big, just a little about the people here, so I know how to better.... integrate with your world." 

"Ok!" I agreed, smiling. I didn't get to play the DLC, but who knew the story would actually work out this time! Well, I don't know how this story arc will go, so how can I know?