Chapter 46: [END]

Allen POV

I felt sick. I didn't know how many times I threw up at the sight in front of me. The battle seemed to freeze for a second. I was hit with the realization of how many actually died here. I threw up again. 

But, I knew I couldn't keep going like this. After all, The Demon Kings facial expression finally shifted. 

Me and Ceil seemed to have the same idea, and in a second, we were in front of him. In another second, I was holding the Priestess stones close to him, in a second the Demon King staggered. In a second a knife was thrust into his chest, again, again and again. 

Until it was over.

The rest of the demons who had witnessed these event scattered. The almighty Demon Kings body laid on the cold ground, I couldn't care less.

I staggered to my sisters side. My poor sisters side. My brave sisters side. Why? Why? Why? Why had she done this? Why why why? I knelt down next to her lifeless body. I took the lukewarm hand and held it tight. So tight that I thought I had ripped it off.

I can't tell if I'm sobbing or vomiting. The sight of her body is disheveled, yet her expression looked so calm, like she wasn't even scared in her final moments. Like she knew what she was doing, she knew that we would be able to pull it off. Because she knew this sacrifice was necessary.

I felt hands wrap around my shoulders. I knew it was Ceil. I was still holding my sisters hand. 

"Why." I cried, I cried hard into Ceils hands.

"You know why." Ceil said. 

"I didn't want her to do that." 

"Yeah, I didn't either."

"Ceil."

"Yes?"

"Please, please hold me." He did exactly that. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ceil POV 

The battles conclusion struck the whole Kingdom. The Demon King was dead. The threat to the country has been eliminated. 

Yet, no one at the castle was celebrating. 

The King has to deal with the aftermath of the battle. 

The officials trying to help him.

And me, and I have to take care of my lover.

Al has not been ok these past few days. I wish I could ask Violet how to help someone deal with grief, she knew a lot about it. All I could do for Al was hold hi tight as he cried, repeating the same questions over and over again, which I didn't know the answers to.

Al fell asleep crying again, so I just wrapped him up in blankets and let him sleep. I stepped out into the hallway when I saw a servant walking toward me. 

"Young master, The young miss from the Grendbell house is here to see you." Those words sent shivers down my spine. I'm so fucked.

"Ok, lead me to her." I said nervously. 

We hadn't really explained to Alice about Violet yet. I'm fucked.

Alice was sitting peacefully in one of the castle's meeting rooms, drinking some tea that was brought out by a servant. "Ah, Ceil. Finally." She said coldly.

"Ahem. Hello, Alice." I sat down across from her.

"Explain, what is happening." She took a sip from her tea. "Now."

I sighed. An older sisters worry is really strong. And so I explained. I told her how Violet was Al's sister, how she'd sacrificed herself so we could win the battle, how Al's been grieving, everything.

Alice didn't drink her tea anymore. "I understand." She said. 

"When he was younger he did talk about his sister. Who would have guessed they could finally meet again here." Her smile was bittersweet.

"Take me to Allen,"

We walked quietly to Al's room. I told her he was sleeping. She walked into the room and took a chair to sit beside the bed. 

She watched him for a while, petting his hair and singing soft songs. 

Al stirred awake. Usually, he was very energetic when he woke up, but now he's just very quiet. 

He realizes his sister is sitting beside him and his eyes widen. "Alice!" He berries his head into her shoulder. 

"I heard of what happened." She said softly. "I wish I could have gotten to know her more, I've always wanted a sister."

Faint sniffling came from Al. "This is hard." He finally said.

"Yeah. It probably is." 

I quietly opened the door and left the two alone for a while. The hallways were empty. I walked toward my brothers office and knocked on the door lightly.

"Come in."

My brother seemed surprised to see me. We rarely meet like this nowadays. Their conversations are now mostly about politics and what not.

"Is there something wrong?" He asks.

"Nope." I smile, walking over and sitting in a chair in the office.

"Haa." His brother sighs, and puts down whatever he was doing. "So, then why have you come here?" He smiles.

"No reason. You're my brother." I smiled back. Ah, it feels good to talk to you again. 

Time waits for no one. It's up to you to decide whether you will stay behind or move along with it. 

Sure, it is very painful, but there is someone beside you, so you feel a bit better. It's sad and it stings, but they're there, so it feels ok. It's normal. 

A cozy mansion with a tight family, a large palace with 2 brothers, a small shrine with two lovers. This is how this story ends, and it's time to move on.  

A/N: Hello! Long time no see! As promised, here is the finished story! I know its a bit rushed haha sorry. I also didn't know how to end it so enjoy my little poetic paragraphs. Thank you for reading this story I hope you have a great day! I might also post a little extra chapter just for the fun of it, but until then, goodbye!