Chapter 31: Loved ones

A/N Thank you all for the support and getting me to 100k reads! Love you all, hope you enjoy this chapter!

It has been a week since the death of the King. It was kept a secret for a few days, and just 2 days ago, the news of his death was announced. The funeral was held the next day. It was the grandest thing I had ever experienced. I think half of the whole kingdom was there, all standing close together, mourning.

After that, there was a private burial. Only family members attended that, so I can't say much on what was there, but probably nothing special. Even if he was a King, being berried in a golden casket in the royal cemetery, he was still just a person.

Ceil, you could tell he had become much more gloomier , but I knew that was a natural part of grief. To be honest, I don't know how to help him, I've never experienced this kind of thing before. I'm at a loss.

Right now, I'm on my way down to the castle's dungeon. The reason being, I have to see Violet. First, to apologize , I was kind of out of it when I yelled at her.... and second, to find out if she has any more information on the demon king. We both know of this game, but she had direct contact with him, so this could be useful.

I had never been in the dungeons, the walls were made of gray stone. the bars were practically black from the rust. I was a little lost, but a guard gave me some directions. I arrived at the cell Violet was supposed to be in.

She was sitting on the bed, still in the school uniform. She noticed someone coming, and looked up, seeming surprised to see me.

"Hello, Violet." I said.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, suspicious.

"I came here to ask some questions about the demon king. And apologize for yelling at you before."

"Ah, don't apologize, everything you said that day was right. I.... I've been doing a lot of self reflecting since then......." She said solemnly. "So, what are your questions?"

"I know you are also a reincarnated person, so we both know the basic details, but you were in direct contact with the Demon King."

"So it's true, you are another reincarnated person, how nice. Well, now I can speak in earth terminology, and at least someone will understand me!" She chuckled. "Well, I can't tell you much, since The Demon King was very careful of what he revealed to me, probably in case I decide the leave." She continued.

"First, The headquarters is not a place you can get to easily. Both times I was lead there, my eyes were covered up and we went through some kind of portal. I assume it's because it's really like he said, they don't have a lot of land, and that's that's the only territory he controls." She said. "But that also means it's at a disadvantage. The demon land might be hard to find, but if that is destroyed, they have no where else to go."

It seems the Demon King wanted something from Violet but even Violet agreeing to help him didn't earn his trust, if he's taking this much precaution, it really must mean what Violet said is true. But a problem still stands.

"But, if we want to destroy the land of demons, we would have to destroy the Demon King himself. " I said.

We were silent for a second. We both sighed and muttered under our breath, "That handsome rat..."

"What did you just say?" She sat up and walked closer to the bars.

"I didn't hear wrong? Did I?" I was just as surprised as she was.

Saying things at the same time is not a rare thing, but it was not that I was surprised about, it's what was being said.

'Handsome rat', was a term me and my sister came up with. I'm sure it's not exactly an original idea, after all, on earth, nothing is original, but it was a term to be used for handsome people who were jerks. Mostly used on my sister's ex-boyfriends and jerk boys in TV shows.