Chapter 17: When I'm with you...

A/N Haha u thought this was an update! Haha what losers

JUST KIDDING. I wouldn't do you guys like that. I just wanted to thank you guys for the 15k+ reads, all of your comments and support have made me fall in love with writing again. I will try to satisfy your tastes with new chapters! 🙃

I've had a hard time looking Ceil in the eyes lately. It has been a few days since I told him my secret, and on the surface, it looks like nothing has changed, but I know Ceil noticed. I hope he doesn't think I' trying to avoid him. But recently, I've been having a hard tike being near him.

He is usually very touchy, and it didn't really bother me that much before, but now my body gets hot and I can't think straight. I don't know why, maybe it's best to put some distance between us until these feelings pass...

As I was in deep thought, I was snapped out of it by loud talking, or rather yelling. I peeked out of the corner, oh, it's Curtis, doesn't surprise me. I looked at the person next to him, and immediately recognised the semi-long green hair, and the round glasses he wore on his nose as Myles. Although Curtis and Myles in the game interacted very little, it seems it's true that they always bicker.

I couldn't tell what they were bickering about. After a while, it seems Myles noticed me looking, and we made eye contact. I took my head back. I could hear Curtis yelling, "Hey! Where are you going?!"

I started to walk away, but was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. "What were you doing? Who are you? Are you with that girl?" Myles asked in a cold tone.

It seems Curtis followed Myles, and recognised me. "Wait, wait wait! Myles, it's ok, that's Allen!" He said running toward us. I gave a relieved sigh as Myles let go of my shoulder.

"Allen? This is him?" Myles asked curiously.

"Have you heard of me?" I asked confused. I mean, I don't think I'm much of a person to talk about, and I doubt Curtis mentioned me any more than 2 times.

"Ha. Heard of you? I can't hear en-" Myles was about to say something, but Curtis covered his mouth at the last second. He then whispered something in Myles' ear. Myles nodded in understanding.

"What?" I asked even more confused. Are there some sort of rumours about me? I doubt it, since I don't think I attract much attention.

"It's nothing, it's just he's heard of you because we're both friends of Ceil's." Curtis explained. That surprised me a little bit, I don't think the game explained the relationship between all the capture targets, they could have all been friends, but that just makes the fact that they fought over the heroine even worse.

"Why did you stop me in the first place? Do you have a stalker?" I asked.

"Yes. Her name is Violet, she's that commoner girl. She has been following Curtis around lately. It's getting annoying." Myles said with a distasteful voice.

"And I said it was ok, and that I can handle it." Curtis said back

"I know you can, but there's no reason I can't help. I doubt she'll harass you when I'm here." It seems the situation with Violet is very serious. She must believe that she has a chance with all the male leads. But the problem is, there is no attraction meter like in the game, you can't just earn enough points and the person is in love with you, that's not how real life works.

The two continued bickering until I cleared my throat and they remembered I was still here.

"Oh yeah, were you going to see Ceil?" Curtis seemed to realise that's probably the only reason i'm in this section of the school. I nodded my head.

"Nice! We were going to see him too, come with us." Curtis smiled and we started walking toward the library for this section of the school. There were many libraries, all in different sections of the school, since it's so big, it would be inefficient for all the students to go to the same library.

We walked in the library to the study section. There, Ceil was sitting on one of the desks, with a pile of books, looking deep in concentration.

Myles stopped and said, "It's best to wait, he gets angry when you disturb him when he's concentrating-" But I was far enough away to not hear what he said, and already standing next to Ceil.

He looked up, looking a bit angry, but his face changed upon seeing me. "Oh, Al, why are you here?" He said, smiling. Although I still felt a bit weird around Ceil, I was already used to hanging around him.

The ends of my lips lifter slightly on reflex. "I wanted to speak to you about the Violet issue." I said in a quiet voice, so that the two behind me could not hear me.

I glanced back, and Myles seemed a bit surprised, and Curtis, as usual, was laughing and hitting Myles's back.

I didn't think much of it and turned back around to Ceil. "What are you reading about?" I asked. Ceil was smart, he did study, but usually not at this scale.

"Demons. You told me about the demon organisation, so I decided to research them to find out more." He explained.

I took a chair from a nearby desk and sat down next to him. "I can help. I can tell you which information aligns with what happened in the story."

Then I remembered that Curtis and Myles also wanted to see Ceil, so I turned to them and asked, "Ah, what did you guys want to talk about?"

Ceil also looked up and finally saw the two standing next to the desk.

"We wanted to ask if you're competing. In the swordsmanship tournament." He asked. That caught me a bit off guard.

"Yes. I wasn't at practice because I have something to do." He answered, going back to reading his book.

"Well, I can see that you are busy, so we can talk about it later. See you guys!" Curtis waved as they walked away.

I had completely forgotten that right before Ceil's birthday celebration, there indeed was a swordsmanship tournament. It's where the heroine meets the last capture target, William. It wasn't anything big, but there was one-

"So, what did Violet do?" Ceil snapped me out of my thoughts, alright, I can think about that later, we needs to find a plan to somehow avoid the disaster of the birthday celebration.

"Violet seems to be trying to get with more than one capture target. First it was you, then she moved onto Curtis, Myles told me that she's been stalking Curtis for a good while."

"We have to prevent her from trying to start any kinds of events in the story, since I don't know what lengths she will go to to try and follow the story along." I explained

"Got it. Tell me of any kinds of events she would try and replicate." Ceil asked

"There's the birthday ceremony, she will probably get in our way of trying to save everyone from the infiltrated demon, then, there's the Lunar festival, where Myles and Curtis and her get hurt by a carriage falling over, and them getting stuck in the woods. There's the end of the school hear event, where the demon organisation lights the school on fire,...." I continued to explain the future events , with Ceil taking notes.

We devised a few ideas for plans to stop this from happening. The prevention of these events isn't necessarily hard, it was the fact that Violet could interfere.

"Hey, I heard Myles say that Violet has her 'people'. What does that mean?" I asked.

"She has gained some followers. Most of them are people who dislike Alice, but also those dimwits who do anything because she's pretty, and of course the ones who want to be friends with the person who has light magic. That's why she's becoming more dangerous, if she can make people foil our plans without directly doing that, it causes serious problems for us."

"I see..." In the game, she also had many friends. But those people were the ones that supported her actions, and not out of any other reason, although I don't like Violet fir what she did in the expedition, I hope she isn't that much of a fool.