Chapter 0

"By the name of the Emperor  of the Empire, I the Crown prince Taehyung Son Eondan verdicts Jisoo of House Kimberhald to death for the attempt of murdering the crown princess."

Jisoo could only cry as she stared at the at the man she loved standing on the high balcony with his future wife by his side. Jisoo could feel herself trembling in terror as the crown prince looked down on her with so much hostility.

"Your highness! Please! Spare my child!" Jisoo's eyes then averted towards the other side of the plaza where her family was watching her on the death row.

"Father—" Jisoo's hoarse voice wanted to call her father in desperation.

"It's no use father." Jin Kimberhald, Jisoo's older brother went to stop their father. "She's hopeless. We already warned her about her villainous acts but she didn't listen."

"She deserved it, father." This time, Jimin Kimberhald, Jisoo's twin brother came to add. "We should have disowned her a long time ago. Because of her, mother died." He stated with so much hate.

Jisoo didn't even utter a single word and just looked up towards the gloomy sky but her vision suddenly got interrupted with the face of the Magician of the Black Tower, Namjoon Ar Em who magically appeared in front of her.

"Didn't I tell you, my lady?" Namjoon started. "Using black magic for your own selfishness would definitely make you miserable." He finished and then disappeared in thin air but not before giving Jisoo his evil smile.

Jisoo shivered and bowed her head in despair. When she saw a pair of white shoes, she looked up to see the high priest Hoseok J. Hope who will administer the ritual needed for her death penalty. Jisoo saw how the high priest who supposed to be compassionate looked at her with void expression.

"I pray that the god Nyeong-An will continue to punish you even until you're in the after life." The high priest commented.

Jisoo's eyes widen in terror by what the priest prayed for her for the last time and Jisoo could feel all the regrets coming into her like a flood.

"Please! Please spare me!" Jisoo cried out. "Your highness—" Jisoo's blood-shot eyes looked up towards the crown prince. "All I ever did was to love you, your highness! Please!"

The crown prince Taehyung's face turned dark as he felt even more disgusted by her confession. Then Jisoo saw how Taehyung gestured towards one of the knights and to Jisoo's shock, it was her escort knight. Sir Suga D' August who started to march his way towards the platform where she was at and with his sword unsheathed.

"Consider this as a gratitude. You'll die in the hands of someone who knows all your vitals well and that would be easier for you to die instantly without much pain." The knight said and raised the sword, ready to strike her.

Jisoo could feel the strong wind gushing and rain started to pour. It definitely was the worst day for her to die. Lightning started to strike the dark sky and even before the blade could cut her neck, she saw how Suga suddenly stopped and stepped away from her.

"Your liege." Suga bowed in greeting and that's when Jisoo saw the young Duke of house Jeonard, lord Jungkook Jeonard who was the youngest Duke in the Black Bangtan Empire.

"That's not the right way for her to die." The young duke stated, kneeling to be eye level with Jisoo. "She should not die in a painless manner, don't you think so your highness?" Jungkook looked up towards the crown prince who looked pissed by his sudden appearance.

"Then do what you like to her. I leave the punishment to you." The crown prince finalized and decided to leave the scene with his fiancé. "Let's go, my love."

Jisoo's terrified eyes could only look at the retreating figures of the crown prince and his future wife. Tears never stopped streaming and she knew it would be the last time it ever will. Jisoo looked up to stare at the mad duke who seemed to be enjoying the current situation.

"Any last words, my lady?" Jungkook smiled crazily. "None? Okay then." The young Duke immediately raised his unsharpened axe he took from the nearest butcher house.

"I wish to go back." Jisoo whispered with her eyes unfocused and just stared at the violent sky above her and the last thing she saw was the blade coming for her neck.