PART III

PRELUDE:

After the execution of the young lady from the Kimberhald, Irene was officially announced as the crown princess and the future queen of the empire

After the execution of the young lady from the Kimberhald, Irene was officially announced as the crown princess and the future queen of the empire. Irene began to her education as the crown princess and was determined to do well but criticism befall her instead. The nobles were especially harsh with their words against her and even brought up the disgrace her family have committed against the empire. Irene felt helpless and discouraged but thanks to the love and support she received from Taehyung, she persisted and eventually became the queen.

Irene thought that if she became queen, all the criticism will finally stop and the nobles would respect her. But more unfavorable opinions arises just to drag her even more. Even the slightest mistake Irene committed, the nobles would gobble her up like hyenas would. Every night Irene would cry and Taehyung as a King tried his best to take his queen's side but more mistakes came as Irene felt more agitated. She seemed to be out of it all the time and that was when they found out that she was pregnant. Irene became happy and so did the King but because of so much stress she was experiencing, Irene miscarried. The King was too heartbroken and Irene became even more miserable.

"Please. Please, somebody." Irene cried in her sleep. "Just kill me." She wailed until she awaken with the sudden thunder.

Irene turned to the empty side of the bed, telling her that her husband was still not ready to face her. Then her eyes focused on the heavy storm outside. She got up and went outside alone. Even the servants of the palace were unaware of her disappearance.

"I— I wished to have more power. I wished to go back in time and kill those damn nobles. I wished to start again and this time, I'll make sure to turn this empire into ashes." Irene cried with gritted teeth.

"Should I grant you that wish?"

Irene jumped in terror as a chill ran down her spine. A cold voice was heard but she couldn't see anyone until a dark shadow materialized. A demon-like creature appeared and Irene looked scared to death and wanted to call for help.

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

Irene froze and looked back at the demon. Irene suddenly remembered what the demon had offered her earlier and that's when she decided to side with the demon this time.

"Call me Hyberion. And for this contract, I shall collect your soul."

A/N:

Let me introduce you to a new character...

EXO D

EXO D.O as the demon HYBERION.