Chapter 23

"I heard that lady Irene was the other candidate for crown princess?" Jisoo commented, wanting to open a topic due to the grim atmosphere inside the carriage.

Jimin scoffed. "It's not a surprise." He said spitefully. "The crown prince personally chose her as one of the candidate and he even sent a carriage for her in coming to the imperial palace. The crown prince is really biased, don't you think so—" Jimin stopped talking when he felt Jin nudging him.

Jimin suddenly remembered that their sister was known to have feelings for the crown prince and he thought that Jisoo might feel hurt about the news.

"Ahem." Jin cleared his throat. "I'm sure that the crown prince was just being polite and gentlemanly since they grew up together. And not to mention that the royal family have somehow cared for her in a long time."

Jisoo didn't even utter a word, not really caring about them. She just wished that everything would be alright and decided to at least not get in the way of the lady and the crown prince. She will try her best to be invisible and not cause any trouble until the day that the crown prince will announce Irene as his fiancé.

Upon arriving at the Palace, the head butler and the palace servants greeted them. Even Suga and Hyeri had arrived first and greeted them with the palace personnel. Jin was the first one to get down from the carriage and went to greet the Butler. Jimin was next to get down and assisted his sister.

"Can't believe that the crown prince didn't even bother to greet you." Jimin mumbled angrily.

"It's better this way." Jisoo consoled, feeling relieved.

The candidates were assigned to live at the eastern Palace, intended for the future crown princess. As Jisoo entered her assigned room, she became amazed with the interior and not mention how huge it was.

"Father and mother specifically requested a grand and spacious room for you." Jin informed.

Jisoo smiled widely and wished that their parents were there with them but since they were out of town for some family business, only her brothers were there. Jisoo's eyes scanned the living room and was happy to see flowers decorating the area. To the right side was a door leading to her sleeping quarters and to the left side was a door leading to the open balcony which overseeing the eastern garden.

"I love it. Thank you." Jisoo stated.

When her brothers had left, Jisoo decided to have cup of tea and Hyeri suggested to have her tea time at the gardens. Jisoo agreed and she together with Suga and Hyeri quickly headed for the gazebo in the gardens. While Hyeri was preparing the tea, Jisoo decided to indulge her eyes to the view. Just behind the gazebo was a crystal-like lake and she couldn't help but admire it until she noticed her personal knight crouching near the lake. Jisoo became curious and decided to go there.

"Wow! A turtle!" Jisoo exclaimed excitedly, seeing Suga feeding the turtle with a leaf.

"Apologies, milady." Suga Was quick to stand, his hands behind him.

"It's alright, sir August. You can relax." Jisoo giggled. "We're the only ones here."

Suga relaxed, seeing the lady crouching and feeding the turtle herself. Suga remained standing, staring at the smiling lady and found himself smiling until they heard Hyeri's voice calling them.

"Oh. The tea's ready." Jisoo eyes turned towards the gazebo.

"Then let me escort you there, milady." Suga said and offered his hand to which Jisoo accepted.

When they arrived at the gazebo, Jisoo immediately took a seat while Suga attempted to go back to guarding but Jisoo's hand grabbed his cape.

"Join us, will you?" Jisoo said and offered him a biscuit.

"But milady—" Suga tried to decline but seeing the pouting Jisoo, he just sighed in defeat.

"Come and sit here. You too, Hyeri." Jisoo ordered and the three of them enjoyed their tea time.

Everything was perfect — the view, the wind blowing, the tea, the food, the people, and the giggles? Jisoo's thoughts was interrupted when they all heard voices and Jisoo flinched when Suga and Hyeri quickly stood up from their sit. Jisoo looked back and saw the two person she was trying to avoid the most.

"Greetings to the little sun of the empire, your highness the crown prince." Suga bowed.

"Your highness." Hyeri also bowed.

"Lady Jisoo! I see you finally arrived." Irene greeted.

Jisoo almost gave a grunt but thankfully forced a smile instead. Jisoo could see how Irene clung at the crown prince even more after seeing her. The crown prince on the other hand looked unbothered and didn't even bothered acknowledging her presence.

"I think we should leave the lady to her tea." The prince stated and urged Irene to walk away.

Irene smiled and Jisoo was sure she saw Irene smirk at her. "If you say so, you highness."

"Good-bye, your highness." Jisoo said. "Hope to never see you again."

***to be continued***