Chapter 3

When Suga was informed by the head commander that he will be escorting the Kimberhald twins, he immediately felt eager. He heard rumors of how mean the young lady of the Kimberhald household and it will be his first time to finally meet and confirm the rumors. What made Suga became more curious of the young lady was the fact that their commander will be assigning him as the permanent escort of the lady since most of the knights declined.

"Hello sir August. Please take care of me and my brother."

When Suga heard the young lady said those words, he confirmed that all those rumors were lies. Suga couldn't help but admire at how lively and kind the lady was, especially at how she kept smiling. Suga finally made a decision to talk to their head commander when they come back and accept his assignment to be the young lady's personal escort.

"My lady—" Suga's words got cut off when he noticed that the lady was not there. "Lady Jisoo? My lady, where are you?" Suga yelled, forgetting the drink on his hand.

"Sir August, what's the matter?" Jimin finally appeared with the gift he bought from the store. "Where's my sister?" Jimin asked, looking alarmed.

"Forgive me, young master." Suga quickly turned on his knees. "I left to buy some refreshments for the young lady but she disappeared." Suga revealed.

"It's not your fault, sir. My sister is just a rootless wanderer, that's all. But we have to find her as soon as possible and pray that nothing bad happened to her." Jimin stated, looking very serious.

And that's when the two young men went out to search for Jisoo.

***

"Where the hell did she go? I was sure I saw her coming this way." Jisoo whined, as she navigated in the dark alleyway. "Wait— this place. It looks familiar." Jisoo's eyes wandered around her and memories came flooding inside her head, making her stumble a little. "This place— this is the place where I first met him."

"Let go of me!"

Jisoo's ears perked, forgetting her dizziness for a moment after hearing the familiar feminine voice that belonged to Irene. Jisoo quickly headed to where she heard the voices coming from. On her way, she saw a stacked log on the side and decided to pick one up.

"I said, let me go!" Irene wailed as one of the men still grabbing her arm very tightly.

Jisoo's eyes widen seeing at least five men surrounding the helpless Irene. "Hey! Let go of her!" Jisoo shouted and her voice cracked in the end, feeling nervous.

"Lady Jisoo?" Irene looked astonished, seeing the unfamiliar appearance of Jisoo.

"Lady Jisoo, you say?"

"You mean, that young lady of Kimberhald Dukedom?"

"What a prize! The two ladies of the two Ducal houses!"

Jisoo found herself gulping her own saliva when the group of bandits surrounded her too. Jisoo immediately hid the trembling Irene behind her while she positioned her wooden weapon towards their enemies.

"What a feisty girl you are." A husky voice suddenly was heard, making them confused since no one was there besides them.

But Jisoo knew that voice. "It's him." Jisoo whispered to herself and looked up to see the floating figure of the Black Tower's magician.

"That's— Isn't he—" One of the bandits looked terrified. "Namjoon Ar Em, the Magician!"

Namjoon waved his hand, looking down at them but his eyes stayed at Jisoo's direction longer. "What do we have here? Why is the two ladies of the two Ducal houses here?" Namjoon smirked and magically appeared in front of the two ladies.

Jisoo looked wary and took a step back carefully. She suddenly remember the first time she met him and it was that time when she seek for his help to kill Irene. To Jisoo's utter shock, she found out late that Namjoon and Irene were already close friends that time and fooled Jisoo instead, bringing Jisoo closer to death.

"Lord magician!" Irene's excited voice broke Jisoo's reminiscence. "I'm so glad I finally get to meet you!" Irene exclaimed, appearing from Jisoo's back. "Can you— can you perhaps help us? These bandits—"

"Why would I?" Namjoon cut in, making Irene flinch in disbelief.

Jisoo scoffed, remembering how spiteful his personality was before she met Irene. She recalled how Irene changed his mean demeanor in the past and became very close with each other in the end. Jisoo suddenly felt a chill ran down her spine and finally noticed how Namjoon stared at her curiously.

"Did you just scoff at me?" Namjoon looked irritated and Jisoo could only whimper.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing, stealing our preys?" One of the bandits stated, showing his dagger. "Just get lost!"

"Don't—"

Even before his companion could warn him, the bandit with the dagger suddenly went limp to the ground with a slit on his throat.

"Kyahhhh!!!" Irene wailed and so did the bandits.

"I'm in a bad mood now." Namjoon gritted. "Thanks to the lady here." He added, his eyes locking with Jisoo's.

And that's when blood started splattering everywhere as Namjoon killed the bandits one by one until no one left except for the ladies. Namjoon smirked evilly as he saw how Jisoo became alert, her wooden weapon pointing towards him while Irene was still hiding behind her.

***to be continued***