Chapter 9

" My lady, are you alright?" Hyeri's concerned look greeted Jisoo as she entered her room. "What about the banquet?"

Jisoo huffed in annoyance. "Argh! That blasted duke! I swear I'm gonna rip that handsome face of his if only I could." Jisoo uttered loudly, raising her closed fist on the air.

"My lady!" Hyeri was horrified by the vulgar word her lady while screaming. "If someone hears—"

"Ah, I'm tired." Jisoo whispered as she laid on her bed, face down." "I want to rest here for a moment." She told her maid.

Hyeri's face softened and smiled. "I understand. Then I'll tell sir August to wait outside for a little longer." She added and left for her mistress to rest.

Jisoo's eyes started to tear up as she recalled what happened earlier. She could not believe that her peaceful way of avoiding Irene's men became a total disaster. Jisoo wiped her tears away and stood up from her bed and walked towards the balcony in her room. She stared towards the starry night and breathe in the cold night breeze.

"It's so pretty." Jisoo smiled as her eyes adored the sky. "I should have seen this beautiful sky in the past." She whispered, closing her eyes as her past came rushing back to her mind.

"And what? To get yourself killed again?"

Jisoo's eyes widen in horror as she heard someone beside her. To her shock, a smirking Namjoon was standing her in her balcony with his eyes staring down at her.

"Wha— What did you just say?" Jisoo's eyes wavered, trying to assess what she just heard.

"Oh come on, lady. I know you heard me." Namjoon looked amused. "No wonder I sense something odd around you. You came back in time?" He added.

"How—" Jisoo stammered and unknowingly took a step back away from the magician.

Even before the lady could take another step, Namjoon was quick to grab her left arm and pulled her, making their faces just inches away. "Who do you think I am?" Namjoon replied, his eyes never leaving hers. "I'm a black magician. I know more stuff than you thought I could ever have." He continued as he finally let go of Jisoo.

"But how did you know I was— killed in the past?" Jisoo asked in curiosity. "And what to mean about something odd around me?"

Namjoon stopped staring at her and stared at the night sky with his usual bored expression. "It's just a slight aura. I could see s golden aura surrounding you and it's the first time I saw this kind of color so I kind of researched about it."

"Really? You did?" Jisoo's eyes sparkled and unknowingly took the magician's wrists, holding it tightly, making Namjoon startle. "So? Did you figure out the reason I came back in time?"

"Ahem." Namjoon's face reddened. "Hands." He stated and glared, making Jisoo let go. "Anyway. All I found out is that you're an anomaly and that's how I figured that you came back in time." Namjoon stated, making Jisoo's face sullen in disappointment.

"That's why I came here." Namjoon cut in, making Jisoo confuse. "We should look for the reason, is what I mean. I'll helped." He finished, making Jisoo's eyes widen in delight. "Yah! It's just because you're an anomaly. I have this obsession in everything that's odd. Don't get the wrong Idea, you get it?!" Namjoon explained.

"Thank you, lord magician." Jisoo smiled whole heartedly, making the magician to silently adore the sweetness of that smile.

***to be continued***