Chapter 11

The following week, the Holy Week had finally started and for the first day, the Hunting Festival was held. Most of the noble houses joined the Hunting and each house have their representative to which both Jisoo's brothers joined together with their chosen knights to represent the Kimberhalds.

"I really don't get why men enjoys those bloody huntings." Jisoo mumbled inside their carriage.

Jimin chuckled. "And I really don't get why ladies sips tea while men started hunting." He retorted to which Jin just smiled in amusement.

Jisoo glared towards Jimin and continued to stare out the carriage window. The Kimberhald siblings was on their way to the place where the Hunting was supposed to be held which was near the imperial court. Their parents were already at the imperial palace where the banquet was being held. It was already a custom the the parents were to be at the banquet while young nobles such as the young lords and ladies were to attend the Hunting Festival.

"We're here." Jin informed and was the first one to got out of the carriage.

Jimin followed their brother and held out his hand to his sister to which Jisoo gladly took as she step down the carriage. All eyes went towards them as they all looked dashing in their outfits. Jin wore a white undershirt and paired them with grayish green coats while Jimin wore a black and white undershirt in his emerald green coat. The sole lady of the kimberhald wore an all creamy white dress and matching hat.

"Oh my gosh! It's the young lords of the Kimberhald!" The young ladies started to gossip and kept gawking towards Jisoo's brothers.

Jisoo could feel the admiring eyes towards her brothers but at the same time, those eyes threw her a scrutinizing ones. Jisoo could only close her eyes as she took a deep breath. Suddenly she could feel someone grabbing her arms and hooking it around his arms. Jisoo eyes met her brother Jin's warm eyes.

"Shall I escort you to your table?" Jin asked, still smiling. "Jimin, you go ahead to our tent with the knights and start preparing. He ordered.

"Yes brother." Jimin nodded and went ahead with the knights.

"My lady." Suga bowed before leaving his post and joining the rest of the knights.

Jisoo together with her brother Jin were on their way to the designated table for the noble ladies to drink teas and eat deserts while waiting for the Hunting start. By the time that they arrived the table, ladies and young lords were already huddled around, either flirting or boasting with each other.

"Hello there, lady Ji Eun." Jin greeted the familiar face.

"Hello my lord." Ji Fun greeted back.

"If It's alright with the young lady, could you watch over my sister?" Jin asked, making both Ji Run and Jisoo surprised.

"Brother!" Jisoo whispered yelled. "I'm not a little girl anymore." She pouted.

Jin chuckled. "Of course." He said and ruffled his sister's hair.

Lady Ji Eun might have finally understood what the young lord meant and she smiled warmly after seeing the affection Jin was showing towards his little sister.

"I'll make sure to entertain the young lady while you're away, young lord." Ji Eun nodded in curtsy. "Shall we, lady Jisoo?" Ji Eun showed Jisoo a vacant seat beside hers and Jisoo smiled back, feeling grateful.

But even before Jisoo could sit, excited squeals and murmurs began to envelope the already packed place. Jisoo's eyes widen by the sight that she unknowingly grab her brother Jin's sleeves before he could even leave.

"Jisoo?" Jin looked worried but even before he could ask what was wrong, the presence of the prince greeted them.

Jisoo's head quickly averted away from the prince and his other companions who were the young duke and their childhood friend, lady Irene. All eyes were focused on the lady of House Velvet being escorted both by the crown prince and the Young Duke.

"Lady Irene! You're finally here."

"Oh my! And you're escorted by the two most sought bachelors of the Empire."

"Hello everyone. I hope we're not late." The young lady greeted.

"Come now." Prince Taehyung chuckled. "The prince never comes late." He added jokingly.

"Your highness." Jin was the first one to greet the prince with a light bow and the rest followed.

"Young lord of Kimberhald. I see you're here. And who do we have here—" Taehyung paused, seeing Jisoo's stiff figure beside her brother. "Lady Kimberhald." He smiled mischievously, thinking about teasing the young lady little but even before he could talk to her, Irene came and hook her arm around Taehyung's.

"I'm glad you're here, lady Jisoo. I wanted to talk to you." Irene stated to which Jisoo look suspicious. "Your highness, you're supposed to go to your tent and start preparing for the Hunt." Irene turned towards Taehyung.

"Ah, right." The prince immediately pulled his arm away, making Irene a little surprised. "I'll be going ahead then. Jungkook, let's go."

Jungkook quietly followed the crown prince but not before stealing a questioning look towards the now relief expression the young lady of House Kimberhald was making.

***to be continued***