Chapter 6

"Your highness?"

Jisoo jumped in surprise to hear Irene calling for the crown prince's name. Taehyung calmly looked down to meet the stare of his partner with her companion.

"I greet the crown prince." Hoseok bowed, greeting the royal. "And to you, milady." Hoseok turned towards Jisoo this time.

Jisoo bowed back in curtsy and when she looked up, the High priest's eyes were already staring at her. She quickly averted her eyes and cried inside her head, wanting to run away from that awkward situation.

"Pardon my rudeness, your highness." Jin suddenly appeared by the glass doors. "But it's about time for the second dance and I have yet danced with my little sister."

Jisoo's eyes sparkled, thanking her brother silently as she could finally leave that place. The crown prince looked unpleased especially when Jin offered his hand for his sister to take. Even before Jisoo could hold Jin's hand, Taehyung went to stand in front of Jisoo, blocking her view of her brother.

"Speaking of dance, it wouldn't be proper if I wouldn't dance with the young lady of the Kimberhald, right? What do you think, Sir Jin? Do you think I could offer your sister a dance before you?"

Jin looked defeated since he couldn't exactly defy the crown prince's request. "Of course, your highness." Jin answered. "I'll see you in a while, Soo." He added, giving Jisoo his reassuring smile, telling her that he'll be watching over her.

"It would be my pleasure, your highness." Jisoo exclaimed and took the prince's offered hand.

***

Irene was flabbergasted seeing the crown prince offering Jisoo a dance. She and the crown prince were practically childhood sweethearts having to grow together. Their family were close and that's why Irene would always go visit the prince in the palace and she would always mention  to the crown prince about Jisoo bullying her. And seeing Taehyung treating Jisoo kindly seemed to have hurt her.

"Lady Irene?" The head priest looked worried.

"Oh, I apologize Hoseok." Irene stated, shaking herself from her inner thoughts.

"Was that really Lady Jisoo of house Kimberhald?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes. That was her." Irene answered. "Why?"

"I don't know. I just felt something different about her." Hoseok explained. "It's like, something's out place." He furthered.

"What do you mean by that?" Irene looked curious, her eyes sparkling.

"It's nothing. We should head inside now. It's quite chilly out here." Hoseok said and offered his hand towards the young lady. "And I still have yet to dance with you, milady." He smiled.

"My pleasure." Irene smiled back and took his offered hand and they both went back inside the party hall.

***to be continued***