Chapter 10

Inside the Kimberhald's dining hall, Jisoo with her whole family was quietly eating their breakfast. Seeing his daughter's serene face, their father finally spoke.

"Jisoo, princess." Her father started and all of them stared at the head of the family intently. "As you all know, the Hunting Festival is just around the corner and the Imperial palace has announced that whoever becomes this year's priestess of the holy ceremony will officially become a candidate of becoming a crown princess."

Upon hearing her father's statement, Jisoo couldn't help but choke on her last bite of the steak. Jimin, her twin brother quickly handed her a glass of water.

"Are you alright?" Jimin asked, looking concerned for Jisoo's becoming red face.

"You mean being prince Taelyung's wife?" Jisoo asked in terror.

"Yes, that's right princess." Her father answered in delight.

"What's wrong Soo?" Jin asked in worry this time, seeing his sisters troubled face.

"But I thought prince Taehyung already decided for lady Irene to be his fiancee?" Jisoo kept asking. "I'm pretty sure in my past life, the prince already decided to marry Irene around this time. But why the sudden change?"

"The Palace believed that the Noble House of Velvet does not have big influence enough compare to the other Noble houses, even thought they're a Ducal House." Jin said, making Jisoo realize something.

"That's right. I almost forgot. At first, the Palace was against Irene of becoming the crown princess, but the prince insisted saying he loves her and the past me that time became jealous and committed heinous acts leading to my death." Jisoo thought.

"I don't understand though. If the prince would only insist for lady Irene to become his wife, I'm sure the palace would eventually agree." Jimin stated to which Jisoo nodded in agreement. "There's no need for more candidates, is there? That's too much of a hassle already, wouldn't you agree, father?"

"That's right. But the Palace believe that the Temple and the Imperial palace must unite to show the empire the harmony between them." Their father answered to which everyone understood.

Jisoo remembered that in the past, the temple and the Imperial family was not that fond of each other, especially after the announcement of Lady Irene becoming the crown princess. It was that moment that the High priest was against it especially after believing that the love of his life will be taken by the crown prince.

"Well, with all this talk I'm sure our princess would be delighted if she becomes the priestess, wouldn't you dear?" Their mother smiled, as she gave Jisoo her loving look.

"What did you mean, mother?" Jisoo obviously looked shock. "Please stop thinking that mother. I am already over with my feelings for the crown prince." Jisoo stated.

"Oh really?" Jimin looked suspicious. "I heard during brother Jin's banquet, you were with the prince? And alone?" Jimin emphasized, looking pissed.

"That— That's.. I mean, I was not following him! He followed me!" Jisoo reasoned.

"Okay, that's enough." Their father intervened. "Don't worry princess. Even if we still don't know how to become this year's priestess, I'll find a way for you to become a candidate."

"Father! It's not like that, okay?" Jisoo stated, looking frustrated.

***to be continued***