Chapter 5

It was finally the day for Jin's coming-of-age ceremony. Many aristocrats were invited and even the royal family will be coming. Jisoo was pacing back and forth in her room as she waited for Jimin to pick her up. It was decided that Jimin would escort Jisoo while Jin decided to have the daughter of Count Pallette, Lady Ji Eun.

Knock! Knock!

"Hey, we should—" Jimin posed as he was astounded by the view of Jisoo in her ballgown.

Jisoo wore a green and gold dress that exposed her shoulders and upper arms. The dress looked flowy even though it was a puffy dress. Jisoo looked very lovely in her dress as what Jimin thought.

"Should what?" Jisoo interrupted Jimin's silent admiration to his sister.

Jimin cleared his throat. "We should be going now. The party's about to start." He said and offered his arm to her.

Jisoo hooked her arms into Jimin's and they finally went down to the party hall. Jisoo could feel eyes staring at her as she and her brother were introduced. She could feel all the revulsion coming from the young ladies who once was her bullied victims and all Jisoo could do was accept their resentment looks.

"Announcing the presence of the Crown Prince, Prince Taehyung Son Eondan with Lady Irene Velvet." The announcer stated and all eyes went towards the landing of the stairs above.

"So the prince brought the young lady from House Velvet as his partner?" Jimin noted as he handed a glass of lemonade he brought to his waiting sister. "I heard that the Velvet Ducal house is close to the royal family. Then it's true then, seeing them together."

Jisoo was silent and she could feel her heart pounding so hard. It was the first time she saw him again after coming back to the past. She could still feel something for the crown prince and she wasn't sure if it was longing or just pure pain.

"Sister?"" Jimin might have noticed her silence and felt sorry about mentioning the information.

Jimin knew that Jisoo likes the crown prince ever since they met him during the birthday banquet of the prince and even insisted to have her marry the prince from their father. And now, seeing him together with the girl that she hated might have hurt her even more.

"Young master, milady—" The butler appeared, bowing his head towards the twin. "Your father wanted you two to greet the crown price with him." He informed.

Jisoo stiffened, not liking the idea of meeting the prince at all but she didn't have a choice, since it was customary for them to greet the royal family as the host of the party. By the time that the twins arrived, the crown prince weas already in a conversation with their father, mother and even their eldest brother.

"We greet his royal highness, the crown prince." Jimin started as he bowed and followed by Jisoo who did it rather clumsily, feeling nervous.

"Your highness." Jisoo exclaimed with her shaky voice after her curtsy.

"Are you alright, milady?" Taehyung's voice echoed inside Jisoo's ears and her eyes found the crown prince's eyes who looked at her strangely.

Jin immediately intervened, stepping forwards beside his sister. "Forgive my sister, your highness. Perhaps she's just nervous seeing you again after a long time."

Taehyung kept his eyes focused on Jisoo who refused to meet him. "Hmm. Is that so?" He smirked a little but decided to leave it be for now.

***

Jisoo was finally able to avoid the prince and all the curious eyes of the aristocrats. She found herself outside the ballroom on the balcony of the elevated ground floor. She looked up and stared at the night sky before hearing people conversing at the gardens just below Jisoo's whereabouts.

"Huh? Is that Irene?" Jisoo's eyes widen seeing the lady outside the ballroom.

Jisoo's arms leaned on the concrete railings, wanting to see who she was talking with. To Jisoo's utter surprise, it was the head priest of the temple, Hoseok J. Hope. And what Jisoo found odd was the fact that Irene seemed to be enjoying his company, completely forgetting that she was Crown prince's partner.

"She's supposed to be by the Crown Prince's side." Jisoo scoffed, talking to herself.

"I don't really mind."

Jisoo gasped by the sudden voice beside her and when she looked sideways, she gaped in shock to see the crown prince leaning his back on the railing, looking sideways towards her.

"You— I mean, your highness. What are you doing out here?" Jisoo asked.

Taehyung showed his signature smirk before answering. "What do you think, milady?" Jisoo looked terrified and  could not answer back. "I was wondering why you looked like you're avoiding me. And I couldn't help but think about all the rumors I heard about you, wether they were true or not. Are you really a villainess?"

Jisoo was stunned to hear the question, remembering all the villainous acts she did in the past. She couldn't deny that it all happened in the past but now she had the chance to finally change it. She would make this opportunity to embrace her evil past and learn from her mistakes in order to change herself and become a good person.

"Yes, I am." Jisoo answered with her steady voice.

Taehyung was taken aback by her voice which didn't falter in anyway. It was the first time that she sounded certain and it was about her admitting to be a villainess.

"But it doesn't mean that I will continue to being one." Jisoo continued. "After all, I still plan to live a long life." Jisoo finished, smiling.

Taehyung's face flushed and started laughing. "You— milady. Is quite the interesting one." Taehyung leaned in to whisper.

***to be continued***