Chapter 13

"What are you doing here?" Jisoo immediately asked when they reached a more secluded place. "And do you really have to show them that we knew each other?" She continued.

"Watch the attitude, dear." The magician hissed. "Are you forgetting the fact that I am the magician of the tower?"

Jisoo suddenly froze, remembering the past of how cruel the black magician was. "I apologize." She whispered.

Namjoon smirked. "Anyway. The reason I came here is to investigate something. One of my assistants informed me about some anomalies they discovered back at our base."

"What do you mean? What anomalies?" Jisoo asked. "Does it have anything to do with me getting back to the past?"

"I don't know yet. Hence the investigation." Namjoon playfully answered and Jisoo could only roll her eyes secretly, not wanting for the magician to see.

"I saw that." He commented before laughing.

Jisoo was about to retort but her eyes caught the image of the prince with the young duke walking nearby and the last thing she wanted was for them to see her with the magician and so, Jisoo decided to leave while Namjoon also decided to disappear since he was not that fond of the young duke and the prince.

"Milady."

Jisoo flinched when she heard Suga calling out to her. Jisoo finally realized that her feet had taken her near the House Kimberhald tent.

"Sir August." Jisoo greeted.

Jisoo could still feel her body shaking from adrenaline. All the thought of escaping the prince and the young duke were still clouding her mind. Jisoo could not focused even though her knight escort is beside her. As Suga saw the trembling Jisoo beside him, he quickly pulled the lady to face him.

"Why?" Suga asked and Jisoo immediately looked up, looking lost. "Why is it that every time I see you, you looked like someone who's running away from something? You always look terrified." He added and Jisoo froze from his sudden kneeling.

"Sir August! What are you doing?" Jisoo's eyes widen when Suga took out his sword and offered them to her.

"I shall never allow my lady to come to harm. This is my oath to you, milady." Suga stated. "I don't know if this will make the lady be more at ease but I—"

"Thank you, sir August." Jisoo cut in, taking the sword.

Jisoo smiled after the somewhat private oath and gave the sword back to her knight. Jisoo suddenly remembered the gifts she prepared the night before.

"Here. It's for you." Jisoo said as she handed out a white handkerchief with an embroidery pattern of house Kimberhald. "For good luck." She added.

Suga's face turned red and he quickly hid them with his hand. "Thank you, milady. And uh— I shall escort you to your brothers, then." He stuttered.

"That would be lovely. Thank you, sir August."

Upon arriving in the tent, Jin and Jimin were just about to mount their horses. Jisoo thought that it's already time for the hunting to start.

"Brother Jin! Jimin!" Jisoo called.

"Jisoo." Jin started to walk towards her and so sis Jimin.

"What is it?" Jimin asked.

"Here." Jisoo handed out each of them their own handkerchief. "I'll be waiting for you. And please be safe." Jisoo exclaimed, making the two smile.

"Thank you, Too." Jin said and gave Jisoo a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be sure to offer you my hunting, sister." Jimin said and gave her light squeeze on her cheek. "We'll be off now." And the two brothers finally mounted their horses.

***to be continued***