Chapter 14

As the hunting has been on going, Jisoo decided to just wait inside the Kimberhald Tent, not wanting to socialized with those judging noble ladies. Jisoo predicted that she would be bored and prepared a book in advance. As she quietly read the book, she suddenly heard shouts coming from outside.

"My lady!" One of the knights stationed outside the tent came barging in. "We should get out of here quickly. There's a monster attack." He reported, making Jisoo's eyes widen.

"What about my brothers?" Jisoo asked worriedly.

"The young lords and the rest of those who participated in the hunting has yet to get back, my lady." He answered while looking around for any possible threat.

Jisoo didn't have a choice but to let herself be escorted since all the stationed Kimberhald knights were ordered to protect her. A total of five of the remaining knights started to fight their way to the designated safe are but not until Jisoo spotted Irene on the ground unconscious and one of the monsters was about to go to her.

"My lady! Where are you going?" One of her knights called and was about to follow her but another monster kept him busy.

Jisoo's eyes were fixed on Irene that she didn't even noticed a flying monster coming towards her. Jisoo's eyes finally landed on the flying attacker but she couldn't move away, feeling her feet stuck on the ground. Even before she could think that she would die there, a fireball came passing by her and towards the monster, burning it alive.

"I thought you did not want to die again?" Namjoon's voice made Jisoo's eyes open. "Just go. I'll take care of the lady." He added and gestured for her knights to get her back and escort her safely while he went to pick up the unconscious lady Irene.

Jisoo immediately ran and tried to help the knights fight with her clumsily swinging of the sword she picked up along the way. By the time they neared the safe zone, more monsters appeared and all the imperial knights got themselves full with fighting them. Jisoo wondered wether both the black magician and Irene were safe and couldn't even focus to the current situation. The last thing she knew, one of the flying monsters had caught her and flew farther away from the safe zone and towards the forest where the hunting was supposed to be.

"Let me go!" Jisoo shouted at the top of her lungs when she felt a sting coming from her waist where the talons of the flying monsters were grabbing her.

Jisoo could feel her consciousness fading until she heard a loud thud and noticed the monster howling in pain and that's how she saw an arrow stuck onto the monster's chest. Jisoo screamed as she felt herself falling out from the monsters's grip. Jisoo could only close her eyes thinking that she will die right there and then she felt herself falling straight into something, or rather, someone had caught her.

Jisoo's eyes widened as someone's cold eyes stared down at her. "You—"

"Just shut up." The young duke ordered. "We have more company." He added and when Jisoo turned her head behind them, a lot of strong looking monsters were already chasing them. "Hiyah!" The duke kicked and the horse started to gallop again.

Jisoo could feel a pain on her abdomen and saw a bloodstain. She finally realized that she was wounded earlier by the monster that had grabbed her earlier. The young duke noticed her face wincing by the pain and also saw the blood on her dress. His eyes grew bigger and cussed as he pulled the rope, stopping the horse from running. Jisoo gave the duke her questioning eyes but Jungkook didn't even gave her a look and just took out his sword and turned to face the monsters that was chasing them.

"What are you doing?!" Jisoo scolded. "We should be running away!"

The sky turned dark as rain was threatening to fall. The wind grew stronger as the monsters came nearer but the young duke stood there, looking indifferent and by the time that the monsters came, Jisoo could only see them being torn to pieces. When the heavy rain started to pour, the blood keep splattering every where until the monsters were all killed, leaving the young duke standing there with blood on his face and clothes.

***to be continued***