Chapter 4

"Get away from her!"

Their eyes darted towards the other side of the dark alleyway and stood there were Jimin and Suga. Jisoo could feel her knees buckle but stood her ground until her brother and their knight arrived by their side.

"Jisoo!" Jimin looked relieved and scanned his sister from head to toe.

"Are you alright, my lady?" Suga asked, his eyes glaring towards the magician instead.

"I'm alright." Jisoo confirmed.

"That's good." Jimin nodded and then turned to face the magician. "You. You did this?" Jimin glared as he scanned the bloody scene in front of them. "How dare you soil my sister's eyes with our violence." He snarled.

Jisoo was about to stop her brother to avoid more damage but Irene stepped in. "Please don't be too hard on the lord magician. He saved us from those bandits." Irene stated.

"But it doesn't change the fact that he killed someone." Suga stated, unyielding.

Jisoo looked surprise. Seeing how Suga treated Irene coldly has made Jisoo question the past relationship between him and Irene. Jisoo remembered how kind Suga was with Irene and even took the time to accompany her every time Jisoo finished bullying her in the past.

"I'm alright, Sir August." Jisoo insisted, smiling awkwardly. "Please, just get me out of here."

Jimin looked alarmed and immediate took Jisoo's arm and held it tight. "Let's go back, Suga."

"Tsk. How boring." Namjoon commented and magically disappeared.

"Sir August." Jisoo turned to face the knight. "Could you escort lady Irene back?"

"Sister?" Jimin looked genuinely surprise knowing how his sister hated lady Irene so much.

"If you wish, my lady." Suga bowed.

Jisoo smiled to the knight and Suga could only feel more strange. "My lady—"

Jisoo looked back. "Hmm?"

"I apologize for this incident, my lady." Suga kneeled, looking regretful. "Because of my negligence—"

"Sir August." Jisoo cut in, making the knight look up. "Thank you for today. Because of you and my brother, I'm safe. And I hope you'll continue to protect me and my family in the future." Jisoo finished and smiled again.

***

When the twins arrived in their home, Jisoo pleaded for his brother to not mention about the incident to their parents and Jin. At first Jimin was against it but decided to grant Jisoo's wish in the end.

"I'm so stupid." Jisoo huffed as she let herself fall on her soft bed.

"My lady?" Hyeri's head popped from behind the opened door. "They're calling for you to have dinner." She reported and so Jisoo forcefully dragged herself and started preparing.

As Jisoo arrived the Dining table, Jimin's eyes immediately turned on her. Jisoo could tell that Jimin was still worried about what happened to her a while ago but remained silent about it.

"Perfect. Jisoo's here." Their father started. "Now let us eat."

"So, Seokjin dear." Their mother exclaimed in the middle of their dinner. "Is there anyone you would like to bring as your partner for your coming-of-age ceremony?"

Jisoo almost choked. "His what?"

"Are you okay, Soo?" Jimin quickly handed her a glass of water.

"Your brother's partner." Their mother repeated. "I was thinking about the young lady of the House Velvet. I heard she's quite the beauty."

"No!" Jisoo cut in and immediately stopped, cursing at herself for the sudden burst. "I mean, I'm sure brother Jin would like to choose his own partner, right brother?" Jisoo turned towards her eldest brother, silently praying that he would reconsider.

Jisoo looked desperate, remembering the past at how Jin fell in love at first sight for Irene when she became his partner and it was during his coming-of-age ceremony. The memory was still vivid for Jisoo when her past self which hated the young lady because of her beauty became the center of that event. But what Jisoo wanted to change now was at how Jin would feel for Irene. She didn't want for her brother to fall in love with a woman who wouldn't belong to him in the end.

Jin chuckled seeing at how his sister looked like a pleading puppy. "Jisoo's right mother. I think it would be better if I find another partner."

Jin didn't know what Jisoo's exact reason was as to why she seemed to be reluctant about the daughter of the Velvet Ducal house, but he really didn't mind since he prefer for his sister's opinion, especially after seeing her cute and clumsy side.

"See! Even brother Jin thinks otherwise!" Jisoo grinned.

"Tsk. You just hated her, don't you?" Jimin teased, earning him a strong nudge from his sister. "Ouch! That hurt, you know!"

***to be continued***