Chapter 15

Seeing the blood on the duke's face, Jisoo was reminded of the past once again. And when Jungkook walked back towards her, she unknowingly took a step back, not seeing the rock and made her trip and fell back but even before she hit the ground, a firm and strong arm went to wrap them around her small waist. Jisoo looked up to see the fierce eyes staring down at her and somehow she couldn't look away.

"Stop being a clutter. An injured person should stop moving so clumsily." Jungkook stated and scooped her up like she weighs nothing and made her sit on the horse. "The rain's too heavy. We'll lost our way if we tried to navigate. We have to take a shelter somewhere." And he led the way into the dark forest.

Jisoo's world started to turn and all she could feel was the pain on her abdomen. She almost fell from the horse and thankfully the young duke was aware of her condition and kept on looking out for her. Jisoo finally lost her consciousness and that's when Jungkook started to panic. Thankfully, he found a huge tree with a cave-like structure under it. He carried Jisoo in there and laid her on the ground, with her back against the wall trunk. Jungkook made fire and took out his coat and inner shirt to dry them and at the same time he decided to undress Jisoo's corset to see the wound. His hands started to shake just by thinking about undressing a lady but he didn't have a choice.

"Ugh." Jisoo finally woke top feeling groggy.

"You're finally awake." Jungkook's husky voice made Jisoo sit up abruptly, making her wince in pain. "Easy there. I won't bite." He teased a little, seeing Jisoo's red face.

"What— What happened to my clothes? Did you—" Jisoo's face couldn't hide the horror, thinking about the young duke undressing her upper clothing.

"I really didn't have a choice." He answered nonchalantly. "And besides, I didn't undress you totally. Just the corset. You're wounded so I have to treat you somehow."

Jisoo's figure started to loosened up a bit, thinking about his kindness. She looked down and saw that her inner shirt is still there and not to mention she noticed the overly huge white shirt covering her which belonged to the duke.

"Thank you." Jisoo mumbled, not even looking towards the duke, feeling shy.

The duke obviously heard her and he couldn't believe what he just heard. He thought that she would continue to slander him but she actually kept quiet and even thanked him. His eyebrows creased as he remember that time he saw her bullying Irene when they were still kids and thought that the young lady of Kimberhald would still be spiteful after hearing all the bad rumors about her personality.

"Anyway, how long have I been out?" Jisoo changed the topic. "The rain's not stopping. I wonder how everyone's doing." She added and shivered by the sudden cold wind.

Just thinking about the safety of her brothers and everyone else's, Jisoo couldn't stop shivering. She was worried if they were all okay and if the monsters were all defeated. Jungkook must have noticed it and thought that she might feel cold at the same time.

"I'm sure everyone's okay. The monsters that escaped towards the camping site were all the weakest ones. The imperial guards could handle them just fine. And I'm pretty sure your brothers and the rest of the knights would be alright. After the Jeonard Knights, your house knights are the one strongest."

Jisoo finally looked towards the young duke's direction. She couldn't believe that he just uttered some comforting words to her. The image of the duke coming for her neck suddenly disappeared in her head. The young duke found himself staring into her eyes as the sound of the heavy rains continue.

"Hey." Jungkook called towards the shivering Jisoo. "I'm cold." He stated, making Jisoo look incredulous.

"So?" Jisoo scoffed. Jungkook glared before moving beside her.

"So I need you to keep me warm." He finished before pulling Jisoo's arms into his embrace.

Jisoo froze but didn't move to pull away. Instead, she felt warm and couldn't help but get comfortable in his arms until she noticed that he unusually felt warmer than average. When her hand made contact on his forehead, that's when Jisoo finally realized that he was burning up.

"You have a fever!" Jisoo stated and saw how the young duke just kept his eyes shut. "No wonder you're acting weird." Jisoo commented, feeling somewhat disappointed.

***to be continued***