Chapter 17

"Jisoo!" Both Jin and Jimin quickly unmounted their horses and went towards the young duke's horse.

"Brother!" Jisoo hopped off from the horse and ran towards Jin's open arms.

"Are you alright?" Jimin asked, his eyes frantically scanning his twin sister.

"I'm fine." Jisoo answered.

"Duke Jeonard. You have my greatest appreciation for saving my sister." Jin exclaimed, not letting go of Jisoo in his arms.

The young duke stole a quick glance towards Jisoo and that didn't escape from everyone's eyes and gave Jungkook their suspicious looks.

"I wonder how you two happened to find each other in the woods?" Taehyung cut in, giving his childhood friend a unsatisfied look.

Jisoo suddenly looked uncomfortable, seeing all the faces of her past surrounding her. The high priest gave her a worried look before intervening.

"Your highness. It would be best for the young lady to exit. She doesn't look that good and also, we still have to treat your wounds and so is the rest." Hoseok commented.

"Of course." Taehyung agreed.

It was a long day for everyone and it was the most unforgettable day for the rest of the Holy Week. The investigation was still going on regarding the sudden attack of the monsters. The Temple led the investigation and even requested the help from the Black Tower. And later, the Black Tower informed about the anomalies they detected that very same day. Everyone in the empire was disturbed by this fact but even so, the Holy Week celebration continued. They were all excited of who will become the Priestess since the Temple announced that the noble lady who will be offered the most valuable offering will become the Priestess.

"I can't believe that the Hunting competition still continued even after what happened." Jisoo scoffed.

Jisoo was with her maid in the garden and was having her tea. It was the day where the Hunting was rescheduled and she decided to not attend and their father agreed since he didn't want his precious daughter to be in danger again.

"But milady, aren't you curious of who will be offered the best kill in the Hunting?" Hyeri asked, looking excited. "I'm pretty sure, milady will be offered the best with your brothers' catch."

Jisoo shivered by the thought of winning, not wanting to be automatically nominated to be the crown prince's bride. But the thought quickly left her, knowing all too well that someone will definitely outdo her brothers' offering and the image of the young duke Jeonard entered her mind. She quickly shook her head, wanting to erase his handsome image inside her.

"I'm sure many of the noble men would offer their kill to the lady of House Velvet." Jisoo stated and was sure that she will get the best offering.

Jisoo continued to sip her tea, not a care in the world. All she thought about was living peacefully and out from the way of those people who caused her death in the past.

"Jisoo, dear!"

Jisoo's head turned towards her father who entered the garden glass door together with her mother and brothers. By the look on her brothers's attire, they must have just arrive from the hunting since they were still in their hunting wear.

"Father, what's going on? Why—" Jisoo stopped mid-sentence, noticing the proud face her father and mother were giving her while the sullen looks painted on her brothers' faces. "Don't tell me—" Jisoo started trembling.

"Congratulations, princess. You just became the priestess for this year's holy week." Her father informed, hugging his daughter.

"And that means you just officially became a candidate for crown princess." Their mother added and hugged her daughter right after.

Jisoo's confusion must be evident and thought that one of her brothers must have won the best offering but seeing their looks, she was sure that someone else had offer the most valuable offering in her name.

"Who?" Jisoo asked them.

"The duke of House Joenard." Jimin answered.

***to be continued***