Chapter 18

Jisoo was greeted by the high priest himself as she arrived at the Temple. It was customary that whoever appointed as the priestess, she will have to stay in the temple for 3 days before the last day of the Holy Week where the holy ritual will be performed. For these 3 days, Jisoo was supposed to be cleansed and educated in order to get prepared for this ritual.

"Welcome lady Kimberhald." The high priest greeted and offered his hand towards Jisoo who was still in the carriage.

Jisoo gratefully took his hand and stepped down from the carriage. "Thank you, your holiness."

The high priest escorted Jisoo all the way to the building where she will be staying and have her preparations for the ritual in the next three days. Jisoo noticed how quiet the place was and thought that it would be nice staying in there. Jisoo must have been so focused looking around that she didn't realize that she had already stopped following the high priest. The colorful flowers by the side of the path walk and the little birds flying freely had made Jisoo admire the place even more, making her smile so fully that the priest could only stare at her beauty in silence. Jisoo suddenly remembered her situation after quite a while and could only bow her head in embarrassment.

"I apologize. I—"

"It's fine, milady." Hoseok cut in.

"Its just that the place is so wonderful and I thought that being chosen to be the priestess is not that horrible after all." Jisoo revealed.

The high priest chuckled. "So your brother indeed was telling the truth about you not wanting to be the priestess?" Hoseok's amusement was obvious and Jisoo could only bite her lower lip, feeling guilty. "Well, that's a first. Everyone wanted to become the Priestess but not you?"

Jisoo smiled sadly. "That's because everyone wanted to become the crown princess."

"And you're not?" Hoseok asked and noticed the sad eyes in the lady's eyes.

Jisoo couldn't answer or rather, she didn't want to answer. The high priest understood the silence and decided to just let the matter go.

"Shall we go?" Hoseok asked and Jisoo smiled in response.

After the short tour of the temple, Jisoo immediately started the education about the ritual and priestess were all there to assist Jisoo. Everyday, Jisoo has to take a cleansing bath about 2 times and has to take holy water after taking a bath. It was a strict schedule but once in a while, if the High priest wishes, he would let Jisoo have free time and would let her visit the gardens or meet with her visitors.

"Ahh!" Jisoo exhaled, feeling all her tiredness going away as she soaked in the water.

Jisoo was in the middle of her cleansing bath and she was left alone by her attendant, telling her that she needed to prepare the holy water. As she was enjoying her alone time a head popped up from behind the wooden divider between the door and the bath.

"Kyahhh!" Jisoo shrieked.

"I apologize, lady Jisoo. I didn't know you were in here." Hoseok immediately turned away from the bathing Jisoo.

"It's alright. Just— Can you please leave? So I could change into something." Jisoo said and the red-faced High priest quickly nodded his head before leaving the room.

By the time that Jisoo finished changing into her robes, her attendant appeared looking apologetic.

"I am very sorry, milady. I told one of the attendant to come here and assist you but she completely forgot and even told the High priest that you were here and just told him to enter." She exclaimed.

"It's alright." Jisoo said and went out to greet the waiting high priest. "Your holiness?"

"Milady. I am truly sorry for the rudeness earlier." Hoseok apologized.

"It's alright." Jisoo replied. "But what's the reason of your sudden visit?"

"Well, someone's here to visit you." Hoseok stated and Jisoo saw the unbelief on his face. "The young duke of Jeonard is here to see you, milady."

***to be continued***