Chapter 7

Jisoo took a long sigh of relief when the crown prince was called to go back in the palace and Taehyung was finally out from sight while Irene decided to stay a little longer and accompany the head priest. Jisoo was surprised to see that the crown prince didn't mind about Irene staying behind. For what jisoo had remembered, the crown prince was obsess with her.

"Maybe his feelings was not too deep during this time? After all, the crown prince is yet to have  his coming-of-age ceremony." Jisoo whispered.

"What are you mumbling about, dear sister?" Jin asked as the both of them dance across the ballroom. "You seemed to be out of it."

Jisoo shook her head. "Nothing. I'm fine, brother." Jisoo assured. "Speaking of which, is our brother finally sober?" Jisoo snickered, remembering about Jimin's little incident with his alcohol.

"He's fine. He's currently at the leisure room, resting." Jin answered, laughing.

"I can't believe someone tried to get him drunk just to make him date that lady." Jisoo snorted but immediately stopped. "Sorry, brother. It's just too funny." She said, looking embarrassed.

The music finally stopped and another song was being played but Jin decided to end their dancing seeing how his sister looked tired. Jin guided Jisoo to sit on their table.

"I'm fine here, brother." Jisoo started. "You should enjoy the rest of the evening with Lady Ji Eun and you should start mingling with the rest of the aristocrats here."

"Are you certain?" Jin asked and Jisoo just nodded. "Alright. Just call for me if you need anything since mother and father are not here at the moment."

Jin finally left and went to back to dancing with his partner. Jisoo slumped in her seat as she slowly drink her glass of juice. Just when Jisoo thought she could finally relax, a group of girls approached her table.

"Well, well. It's been a long time, lady Jisoo."

"Lady Sana, Lady Bona, Lady Chungha, and Lady Wendy." Jisoo eyed each of them with her bored look. "Indeed, it has been a while."

Lady Sana scoffed. "You thought you could finally attract the crown prince just because your family hosted this party."

"But keep in mind that even the crown prince would probably have heard about your crooked personality." Bona added.

This time, lady Chungha took a step closer with her fan covering her lower face. "And you might have already know that Lady Irene is close with the crown prince. And it just so happen that you're the one who always bullies her."

Wendy laughed. "So you better stop flirting with him already."

Jisoo just rolled her eyes by their remarks. If it was her past self, she probably would have grabbed their hairs already, but she knew better. Jisoo just shrugged them off and decided to leave. She finally stood up and turned away from them when one of the girls looked displeased by her reaction. Lady Bona smirked and stepped on Jisoo's ballgown on purpose making Jisoo stumble.

"What the—" Jisoo could feel herself falling on to her face when something hard had hit her face and she felt something wrapped around both her arms, steadying her.

Jisoo looked up and horror immediately painted onto her face. "Duke Jungkook Jeonard."

"Oh no. It's the duke!" Wendy yelped, looking terrified herself.

"Let's get away from here." Chungha stated and the four girls immediately ran away, leaving Jisoo feeling frightened.

Of course, who wouldn't run away from him. The young Duke was known to be a psycho who would kill anyone who he finds irritating. Because of his aggressiveness, he would usually be assigned to lead wars and even assassinate anyone even his own father who came out as a traitor to the Empire and that made him become the youngest duke in the end, replacing his father's position. Jisoo suddenly pictured that axe the young Duke used to persecute her and she could feel all her body shaking in terror.

"Do you want to die?" The young Duke asked, as his fierce eyes bored into Jisoo's.

—END OF PART I—