𝑃𝑅𝑂𝐿𝑂𝐺𝑈𝐸

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍'𝐒 honeycomb beams permeated through the old and dusty windows. The light splashed far onto the dark hard-wooden floor, only stopping at the feet of the people shuffling to get ahead of the long queue. Once the beginning of the semester was rapidly approaching, Ollivanders would always be bustling with life. Though located at the far end of Diagon Alley in an unfavourable spot, Ollivanders was one of the most hectic places as it was usually swamped with people.

Atop the curved, oaken staircase stood Victoria Ollivander—the only child of Garrick and Abigail Ollivander. Her auburn hair seemed to glow like a halo in the late afternoon sunshine that wove through the antiqued curtains. She pushed a lock out of her face as she searched through the stacks of wands trying to find the one her father was asking for.

At last she'd found what she was looking for; a cedar wood wand with a core of a dragon heartstring. It was slightly flexible and twelve and a half inches long. She took the box which contained the wand, slithered it out of the pile and dropped it from the staircase right into Ollivander's hands. "A fine wand that is," Victoria said to the little girl who could possible be the new owner. "My father always says, "you will never fool a cedar-carrier," which has proven to be true so far."

Ollivander had taken the wand out of its container and gently handed it to the little girl. "Try it out. Give it a little flick if you will." He took a step back to give her space.

The little girl looked at her mother unsure, but then proceeded to flick the wand. A spark going as quick as lightning shot through the air only missing Victoria by a mere few inches.

The corners of Victoria's mouth curled up as her gaze wondered down to her father. "Perhaps not that wand after all," she said in a playful voice. She was always rather delighted to find the perfect wand with her father's help. If a wand wasn't meant for a customer, they found a joy in cracking the impossible code. "I think I might know a wand." She descended down the staircase in a graceful manner and walked across the store. She retrieved a maple-wooden wand with a unicorn core, found her way back to the customer and gave her the wand.

There was a feeling of rightfulness in the air when the little girl connected with her wand. Once again, the Ollivanders had helped a new witch to her forever wand.

"Interesting how you knew just the right wand," Ollivander muttered and looked over to his daughter. "How did you know?"

"Observing is my guess," Victoria answered.

They wasted no more time —seeing how many customers were still waiting for their forever wands— and went back to work. Ollivander took his spot behind his self-made counter. The old, wooden desk was once as dark as the floor, though now it looked almost white-washed with how damaged it was.

Victoria preferred to stroll around the store, making the customers follow behind her as she had her moments of knowing exactly which wand would fit best.