𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐖 by the windows of the tube as it gained speed. The underground felt a lot more stable than the steam locomotive did as it barely moved into any other direction than forward. Though unfortunately, more people had to stand instead of sit on a proper seat since there were less chairs available. To most it didn't matter. Going with the tube meant to many only a five minute trip.

The tube came to several stops before resuming again. Lucy had memorised the names of the underground stations by heart and knew which station came next. Twenty minutes with seven stops before she could walk out and breathe in the familiar Finchley air. The air of her first and foremost home.

Peter stood next to Lucy just in case. He knew she'd be able to defend herself if absolutely necessary, but there was something about her that made him overprotective. Perhaps it was the fact that she'd always be his younger sister and that her guileless eyes misled many to think she was younger than she actually was.

Or perhaps it was the fact that she had such a kind heart, though naive character. She'd always try to be friends with everyone, even if they didn't deserve her sweet nature. It worried Peter at times that she wasn't all too well in reading people and seeing their true intentions before it was too late.

Edmund on the other hand had more faith in his younger sister. She'd grown up a lot from the eight year-old into the woman she was today. She was still so young when she was suddenly thrown into their very first adventure—but she never backed down from anything—and she'd learnt to find her voice and use it for good.

His mind was more worried about Florence's well-being. Whilst she could be very confident and fierce, he knew that she was struggling deep down. He was there the moment her brothers got the news they'd help the war at the frontier.

He'd wanted to enlist into the army for quite some time, but after seeing how much Florence struggled with the news, he'd decided to not go after all. He'd fought his own fair share of wars at the very front of the army, however, he later on realised that the very reason he fought in those wars was to protect that world. He hadn't felt that same desire in this world.

Lucy was following the motions of the tube, using the pole as her support with hanging backwards and forwards. 'Our last break before our final exams. After this, we'll never have to go back to that school again.' Her voice cut through the dullness that many passengers had brought along with them. It was sharp though soothing at the same time. There was always an element of optimism in every word that she said and especially in the words she'd just spoken.

'Then I'll be free to do whatever I want,' Florence said and eyed Peter. 'Maybe I'll come to annoy you at the countryside. I have to meet this mysterious professor you're always talking about.'

Peter was both happy and doubtful about that prospect. He'd often considered Florence and Lucy to practically be twin sisters and along that consideration, Florence knew exactly how to tick him off or embarrass him like she truly was his younger sister and that was the last thing he wanted in front of professor Diggory.