𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑋𝐼𝑉

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 she watched Victoria stroll along with Dumbledore, chatting merrily while they did so until they'd rounded the corner. Victoria had seemed the same as Alexis remembered her to be, though quite some years her senior. No aging lines had graced Victoria's face yet and no grey hairs were anywhere in sight. Instead, her features were more set in stone and defined.

'What do you mean she dies?' she asked with a screech and spun on her heels to face Hermione. She tapped with her right index finger on her fingers on the other hand and shook her head. 'You must be mistaken.'

'I'm not,' Hermione scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest. 'We're going to the library and I'll prove it to you.'

'Fine,' Alexis scowled. She marched past Hermione and pushed Hermione's shoulder away with her own. 'But do not boss me around.'

Chrys hurried past Hermione to catch up with Alexis and held her hand in comfort. Even the faintest idea of Victoria having passed away caused shivers to roll down her spine in rapid speed. She'd always anticipated there was a possibility that any of them could lose their lives during their rebellion, however, hearing it out loud made it suddenly feel so real. Before it was a whisper of silent warnings, the truth sprinkled through it but never said aloud.

As quiet as the silent warnings, the doors of the library slid open. The soft luminous glow of the moonlight permeated through the huge windows looking through the corridors. Wands of rising branches became dancing silhouettes in the moonlight and were cast over the old-wooden floors. Hundreds of shelves were stuffed to the brim with as many books as could possibly fit onto them without causing any damage.

Chrys' tense shoulders loosened as soon as she stepped foot into the library. A combination of grassy notes and a hint of vanilla over an underlying mustiness infiltrated her nose as she inhaled the familiar smell of Hogwarts' old book collection.

Hermione swished her wand before her as she walked over towards one of the long tables in the middle of the library. 'Accio, A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot,' she said and sat down at the table.

Harry's face showed the dreadful look he always had whenever his schedule would say History of Magic. To him, it was the most boring class in all of Hogwarts, though that could also be because of the one who taught the subject. He never understood why Charlotte did like the subject, but then again, Charlotte enjoyed every class more than Harry.

Raiden had to duck away when a book came soaring past him and pulled Eustace aside before he would've gotten hit by the book. The History of Magic volume gently twirled downwards until it lay flat onto the table.

'Someday, one of you is going to cause someone terrible pain, and I'm afraid that person is likely to be me,' Eustace huffed, still shaken up by the sudden flying book.