𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑋𝑉𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, breaking the branches that were lushly filled with verdant leaves as they tried to hold on to anything they could to break their fall, the group of witches, wizards and Muggles had arrived through Florence's portal. However, like before, Florence hadn't quite figured out yet how to create a passage between the two worlds that wouldn't be floating in the air.

She gulped when the gravity began to pull her down and the first branches had smacked against her hands. In her desperation to not hit the ground, she reached out forwards and didn't dare to not think about a means to land safely. Panic ensued when nothing happened and she tried to remember all the times she'd seen Victoria use Narnian magic. The vivid image of Victoria's eyes glistening like ice bathing in sunlight instead of its usual light brown colour flickered before her, but it was all she could remember besides the extended arms. She hissed to her hands, telling them to work and waving them in front of her like she'd done before, but her light wouldn't appear.

Erin saw her window of opportunity when a thicker branch came into sight near the end of the tree. She wrapped her arms around it once she was able to and with a swinging motion, she curled around the branch. The crackling of the wood startled her and she glared to the base of the branch in fear of it breaking, but besides a few insignificant tears in the bark, there was nothing. 'That's going to cause another bruise,' she grunted with a chuckle and hoisted herself up on the branch.

Alexis was seeking for every chance she could find to not plummet to the ground and injure herself even more. However, nothing around her was of any use and trying to do what Erin had just done would've only worsened her fall. A curious feeling was surging through her veins, though it was more than just the rush of adrenaline that she immensely enjoyed. There was still that hint of familiarity as she swiftly retrieved her wand, after realising what the feeling meant. She'd barely pronounced the incantation and shakily written the letter M with her wand when everyone stopped in the midst of their fall.

Chrys gasped when she hit the ground. Though the hit was lesser than it could've been, it still hurt her bones as she collided with the rock hard ground, not even the grass being able to soften her blow much. She and Alexis exchanged a glance as she brushed the dried dirt off her dress. She rolled her eyes skywards, tilting her head until she could see the portal slowly close and dissolve. It happened the same way when they'd entered the first time.

With the closing of the portal, the familiar hint that rushed through Alexis disappeared with it and even Chrys could feel the tingle in her fingertips slip away. It didn't take long for the witches to piece two and two together. As long as Narnia and Earth were connected, the magic of either world could transfer into the other. Now that the portal was gone and the connection severed, so was their ability to conjure earthly magic.

Eustace was being helped by Lucy to get back onto his feet, since his vision was still spinning from the fall. He laid his hand against his head and rubbed his forehead with his fingers, his thumb resting on the top of his head. 'Florence? When exactly did you plan on telling us you have magical powers?' he screeched in the way he would do when he was younger.