𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐄𝐃𝐌𝐔𝐍𝐃'𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 nerves to see Victoria again. His ears only picked up about half of what Suncloud had to say on their way to the meadow between the Thicket of Nightmares and the Western Woods where the camp resided. He'd forgotten how to walk properly the closer they got, the nerves involuntarily cramping his muscles together.

When she came into his sight, his mouth fell open in awe. The nymphs had taken her under their wing after her recovery, Edmund could tell. She was clothed in the finest dress he'd ever seen. The fabric fell off her shoulders and flowed down her body. It was only tightened around her waist with a corset. Its deep colours seemed to be taken from the purple irises and blue hibiscus flowers that she was surrounded by in the field.

The nymphs had given her many gifts in the form of jewellery. She was wearing a tiara, made from delicately entwined twigs that blossomed with small leaves, underneath which her rich, auburn hair came down to her waist. It was the first time Edmund had seen her hair be anything besides straight and he caught himself following the wave of her hair while he looked at her.

As she walked through the meadow, he could see that something was intricately weaved around her feet and lower legs. He wasn't sure what it was made of, but he'd remember seeing something that closely resembled it within books he'd read on fairies—or well, the books he'd seen Susan read.

Suncloud called out Victoria's name and she turned her head to look at him. She swallowed when she saw everyone at the edge of the Western Woods and tried to keep herself from sobbing out her relief like she'd done before.

'My lady Victoria,' Suncloud repeated and bowed for her. 'This is not another vision. They have returned.'

Victoria didn't move, not allowing herself to fall for another trap that her mind had set upon her. It wasn't the first time she'd seen them since she'd been saved from the Thicket of Nightmares. After one week at the camp, Victoria had awoken with a scream that woke up the entire camp. The nightmares had seemed to have followed her, at least, that's what she thought. Until her visions were no longer just nightmares.

Alexis let go of Peter's hand that she'd unknowingly grabbed upon Suncloud volunteering to bring them to Victoria. She ran as hard as her legs could carry her for and didn't bother to slow down before she crashed into Victoria. 'You're alright, oh thank Merlin, you're alright,' she mumbled into Victoria's hair as she embraced her.

Out of everyone, Alexis had known Victoria the longest. Victoria's father was known as arguably the best wand maker in the world, and coincidentally, the Kingsley family was known to manufacture some of the best quality broomsticks in the world. Their parents knew each other even before the two girls were born and after, the families kept up their regular visits to each other. Alexis' family went to visit the Ollivanders just days after Victoria was born and while the witches can't remember it, that was the day they met.