𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 Hogwarts reached far into the rosy sky. The forestry scattered around the school grounds were framed in gold as the sun strained out its last glimmers of light from the day. In the Scottish Highlands away from the busy city life, one could truly admire the beauty of nature. From the vast lake at the bottom of the cliffs where Hogwarts proudly stood upon to the miles of foliage and the mountains rising behind the thin layer of dusk mist.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was a magical school. It educated the young witches and wizards and had done so for centuries. Its four founders—Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin—had created Houses each named after themselves. Every House had its fine qualities and pitfalls, though they'd acquired a reputation over the years too.

The graduation of the Class of 1999 had finished a short while ago and it was one to never forget. It was the very first graduation after the horrifying Second Wizarding War and so the professors made sure that it would top every other graduation. The ceremony was dipped in the colours of each House, creating a magical spectacle of a rich mixture of colours. Headmistress McGonagall surely knew how to make something memorable.

The Second Wizarding War was a war that traumatised all. Many had fought and many had lost their lives. Even those so young they were still students at Hogwarts. Fred Weasley. Cedric Diggory. Lavender Brown. Colin Creevey. And too many more to name. The losses had been mourned, but they still lingered. Even today. Especially today.

Eight students had left the graduation party early, feeling as though this was not the goodbye that they needed from Hogwarts. Underneath the galaxy-coloured sky, the group was reminiscing about their times at their school while going for one last adventure before it was their time to grow up.

They'd laid out sapphire-blue with silver lacing blankets and honey-yellow blankets with black engravings knitted through the yellow fabric on the lush, freshly-cut grass. Most students' attire stood in stark contrast with the vibrant Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff colours of the blankets. The graduation gowns had a dark tone of the primary colour of the House the student was from as well as their ceremonial hats, which were spread on the blankets and the grass. Only Luna Lovegood's navy-tinted attire matched as the others were either from Gryffindor or Slytherin House.

In groups of four, they used a Time-Turner to go back in time and find an adventure before returning back to their own time. While the group that was on their adventure could be gone for hours or even days, the graduates that stayed on the Hogwarts grounds had to wait mere minutes for them to return depending on how well they timed it.

While one half had gone back in time only a minute ago, the other half was excitedly awaiting their return. Among them was none other than Harry Potter, the boy who lived. He'd been the face of the first and ultimate second downfall of the great Dark Lord. The thin face and knobbly knees that he used to have as a kid had grown sturdy and determined in his years of falling from one problem into another. Then again, he was the most sought-after person in the wizarding world, a person many just had to meet.