𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐙𝐙𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐂 of Victoria's dress fluttered violently against her skin as she plummeted to the ground. She tumbled over mid-fall, her entire back slowing her down only ever so slightly. She plunged like a fallen angel from the heavens, however, the ground wouldn't have the softness one always imagined the clouds would have. There was no velvety bed awaiting her at the end of her descent.

Instead, four strong arms caught her in time with one hand supporting her head so it wouldn't crash against the ground. Caspian and Edmund's breath hiccupped in their throats, the adrenaline of catching Victoria causing their muscles to shake.

'Is she okay?' Raiden asked concerned as he tried to wrestle his way out of the sphere to try and help her.

Edmund's hand nestled into her hair, feeling the weight of her head as he didn't want it resting on the ground. He gently plucked her strands of hair out of her face and placed them where they should be. He lowered his head to level with hers. He paused to look at her from up close, imagining what her response would be if she were to awaken right that second. His nose was almost touching hers, but he was careful enough to keep his head up high enough.

Her breath tickled on his lips which resulted in a soft smile of relief. He tilted his head so his ear was hovering above her lips. 'She's still breathing,' he replied. 'Lucy, your cordial.'

Lucy's hand shot over to the pouch that had kept her cordial safe ever since she was gifted it by Father Christmas. She gasped when her hands touched the wet, sticky fabric and her eyes flew down to her belt where her pouch hung. She hastily opened the pouch to reveal the broken glass on which some remains of the cordial was still sticking.

She picked the pieces of the broken glass out of the pouch and displayed them in her hands. 'It's gone,' she whispered and teared up. Her present had lasted thousands of years, through war and peace and never did the glass as much as waver. The pressuring gravity controlled by the hags' magic of before had shattered the glass into fragments, the cordial swiftly leaking out and staining her pouch.

Edmund gently laid Victoria's head to rest on the ground after all and unsheathed his sword at once. When Edmund had realised that Victoria was still breathing, he knew that Lucy's cordial would have her woken up in no time. Now, there was no telling as to what would happen.

However, as long as Victoria was unable to defend herself, she would be defended for. Caspian followed his lead and picked up his sword that was still on the ground.

'Flo, you're good at climbing trees right?' Edmund asked as he took a look around to the chaotic scene in front of him. He had completely forgotten about the wolf pit controlled by the alpha wolf and the three hags that were carving ritualistic signs into the damp forest ground.