𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   ❛𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘—' Caspian cut off his own sentence as he stared in disbelief at the spot Bellicose was at mere seconds ago. He wasn't a stranger to magic or the supernatural, but this was something he'd never seen before. One moment they were there, the next they were sucked into a portal and vanished.

It strangely reminded him of his first goodbye to the Pevensie siblings. Through a magical portal in an ancient tree, they returned back to their world. They vanished in the wink of an eye, just like Bellicose had. It was the last time he'd seen Susan. Her fair complexion made her dark hair all the more prominent. The shine it had in the bright sun was unmistakably hers. The first thing he'd ever noticed about her were her eyes.

Eyes the colour of the Great Eastern Sea. It was also the first thing he'd noticed about Florence. How her eyes resembled those of Susan, though they saw the world in a very different way. Florence's eyes seemed to have more boldness and gratitude and had an ease to them that Susan always seemed to lack.

'It's magic,' Peter vaguely explained, which caught Caspian's attention again. He waved over towards Charlotte, Harry, Hermione and Aiden without sparing them a second glance. 'They could do that too.'

'It's the same trick they played in the forest. They vanish from one point and appear again in another,' Eustace said as he went over the words of the prophecy. He tried to memorise it by heart, but always had trouble with odd rhymes and terms. It reminded him of silly children's stories, fairy tales that had no use to be memorised in the first place.

Charlotte let go of Harry's hand so she could walk over to the place Bellicose was. 'It wasn't exactly the same though,' she muttered, whilst reenacting Victoria's movements.

Florence cocked her head sideways to watch Charlotte repeat the same movement over and over again. 'What exactly is she doing?' she asked.

'She's trying to figure out how they fled by reenacting what they did,' Harry answered, though even his eyebrows stood in a frown as he watched his girlfriend twirl around.

In her mind, Charlotte could see ghost-like figures of the four Bellicose members standing in an almost perfect diamond-shape. She recalled how the four of them stood, which way they faced, what their hands were doing, all from the perspective of where she stood.

Despite the fact that she was several feet away, the motion their bodies made was not the same as it would've been if they'd apparated to another place. They were too perfectly in-sync and she knew the members well enough that all four of them would apparate on their own for efficiency reasons. Her mind scoured around the square in a desperate attempt to find the answer she was looking for.

It didn't take a foolish wizard to know that the magic in Narnia was not the same as on Earth. There was magic, but it's different and conjuring a spell wasn't as easy. Charlotte just couldn't understand how they were able to vanish in the first place. Wandless magic is already a form of magic most witches and wizards tend to avoid as it's harder to focus one's energy and magic and even though apparition is performed wandlessly regardless of one's capabilities, it's not something Charlotte could do in Narnia.